Assistant Coaches | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Assistant Coaches

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Yeah I know that was the question, couldn't find who coached in 2009 so couldn't answer it completely.
"Rawlings was one of four Richmond assistant coaches to apply, along with Wayne Campbell, David King and Craig McRae.

Brian Royal was the only deputy not to put up his hand."

Looks like it was a clean slate. Even more reason for us to follow suit. Again.

Reactions: 1 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
"Rawlings was one of four Richmond assistant coaches to apply, along with Wayne Campbell, David King and Craig McRae.

Brian Royal was the only deputy not to put up his hand."

Looks like it was a clean slate. Even more reason for us to follow suit. Again.
However the entire hand picked crew were then moved on after the 2016 season so not sure what lessons we can take out of that.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

50 out

Tiger Cub
Aug 13, 2023
No noone from Wallace era stayed 0n under hardwick

Hardwick ensembled his own team got daly and newett the only one missed out on was Adam Simpson

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
All of them out.
Clarke Teague Rutten and Morris all out
We need to know contract situations & $ involved if it were to be a clean out.

Comes off the soft cap?

We need $ to bump up other areas such as strength & conditioning as well so we can’t just wipe everything/everyone?

I don’t think the AFL will be increasing soft cap much next year if any. Not to how it was pre-Covid.

I think if clubs can afford too and are well run, money in the bank , then they should be allowed too.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Who's doing what?

Kane Lambert is midfield coach? Who else is involved in what role?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I thought Newman was midfield coach. Would explain why we didn't run.
Ziebell is the stoppage/clearance coach and yes Newman in charge of overall midfield.
On first outing they and their midfielders had a mare:mad:

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Ziebell is the stoppage/clearance coach and yes Newman in charge of overall midfield.
On first outing they and their midfielders had a mare:mad:
Two non-running non-midfielders in charge of the midfield in the modern running game. Hmm.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Easy team. I’m sure that whoever our midfield coach is didn’t instruct Dow to completely disappear or for Taranto to have his worst game in yellow and black.

A coach is only as good as the talent available. Just ask Bill Belichick.

Reactions: 2 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
The one that escapes any criticism is EVAN our Ruck coach ,,WHY,,it's not like he has done a great job .

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The one that escapes any criticism is EVAN our Ruck coach ,,WHY,,it's not like he has done a great job .
I think that's a fair point. As a short grunt ruck, does he know what to teach a spindly type like Ryan? Different approach required.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Two non-running non-midfielders in charge of the midfield in the modern running game. Hmm.
They got the mix wrong Spook. First half was littered with blokes who run on the spot.

In the second half they put in a 100kg rover in Balta and changed it up. Speed and athleticism kills.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Who are the assistant coaches this year ?. Also who is the dude sitting next to Adam during the game ?.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Shai would still kick his share of goals as a midfielder and his clearance numbers are good, an obvious choice.
He is the only player that can change the dynamic of our slow midfield IMO.

Last edited:

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
They got the mix wrong Spook. First half was littered with blokes who run on the spot.

In the second half they put in a 100kg rover in Balta and changed it up. Speed and athleticism kills.
Balta also threw his body in at the ruck contest,,knowing he would probably lose the tap out,he made it hard for Witts to hit in the direction he wanted .
Taps in the first half to advantage where ridiculous for the Suns ,thats why we got smashed in the midfield ,and no mid changed tact .