Audio books.... heard any good ones? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Audio books.... heard any good ones?

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
If there's an existing thread on this subject in another guise, @Mr T. please shut me down and point me in the right direction :)

Woke about 4am and surfed around for something to listen to.
Never realised the ABC Listen app had free audio books available!

I've always found Anh Do very likeable and having listened to him read the first 4 chapters of his book, even more so now...!

Heart wrenching, frightening and humorous too.

Regardless of some of the *smile* that happens in Australia, hearing his story makes me appreciate how lucky we are.

"Prologue" episode from "The Happiest Refugee" - https://abclisten.page.link/CUwkaAtF38NB6HXX6. Available now through the ABC listen App - http://bit.ly/ABCradioApp

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I like to listen to autobiographies so I’ve listened to:
Michael Caine
Ozzy Osborne
Nikki Sixx
Mel Brookes
Dave Grohl
Marlon Brando
Kevin Hart
Woody Allen
Phil Collins
Steve Coogan
Seth Rogen
Andrew McCarthy
Christian O’Connell

over the last year or so.

Reactions: 2 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Just listening to Sapiens which is basically a complete history of humans and how we have taken over the world. Does religion science nationalism environmental destruction capitalism / consumerism timekeeping etc etc.

Very sobering to listen to. About fourteen hours so you need half a day!

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Just listening to Sapiens which is basically a complete history of humans and how we have taken over the world. Does religion science nationalism environmental destruction capitalism / consumerism timekeeping etc etc.

Very sobering to listen to. About fourteen hours so you need half a day!

Sounds fascinating, I'm keen to check it out. Where did you source it from?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I'm listening to David Goggins - Can't hurt me. Pretty inspiring stuff.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Sounds fascinating, I'm keen to check it out. Where did you source it from?
I just borrowed it from the local library.

Audible has it.

Also hard copy at bigw or Amazon

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
Entangled Life how fungi makes our world, changes our minds and shapes our future is a compelling listen. My sleep hygiene is horrible. I use audiobooks and podcasts to get my mind off life when it’s racing in bed. The stuff I listen to has to be borderline boring otherwise it keeps me up. I have a number of religious texts in the library for break glass occasions when I really can’t sleep and/or the book is too interesting.

Last edited:
  • Haha

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
For anyone interested in Cotch & Jacks biographies, they're both included for free in Spotify Premium if you are a subscriber.

Neither showing up in Audible.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Listened to Jack's. Will download Trents now

Edit: Looks like Spotify is geolocked so I don't have the option of the boys audiobooks. Might need to find Trent's where I found Jack's

Last edited: