Australia Day - 26th January? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Australia Day - 26th January?

Should Austrlalia Day be on the 26th of January?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Perhaps you missed that the headline and the detail say completely different things. It is presumably an academic paper looking at alternative uses of language and very very very clearly ANU are not dropping mother and father as the lying sensationalist headline states.

Are you saying that academics should not be allowed to investigate uses of language? Surely you would agree with the ANU statement that academics should be free to research in their field of expertise? Geez the right like to cancel anything they don't like.

I'm not going to say that the Murdoch rags can't print their distortions but I am going to pull them, and anyone who quotes them, up on a clear piece of sensationalist clickbait rubbish.

You and the Murdoch press really are clutching at straws now.

Must say, I haven't ready anything by Marx for years (well, I did quote Groucho in an email yesterday), but I don't recall any of his writings having anything to say about gender inclusive language or the like. You are so full of s*** it is just not funny, entertaining at times, but boring most of the time.

Your reference to the nuclear family is revealing, the breakdown of the extended family was seen as a break down of social structures with the move to capitalism, but that's fine as capitalism is apparently so wonderful. Now as individualistic ideology breaks social structures down even more, suddenly a family structure which is historically recent is sacred.

By the way, what has this to do with Invasion Day?
You're a very disingenuous poster, David Naziparty.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
You're a very disingenuous poster, David Naziparty.

Do you always have to make it about ME? You're such an incorrigible *smile* lefty.

Gee, one minute you're complaining about it always being about you and how hard done by you are, then a bit later you're calling me a nazi.

You are such a hypocrite.

I notice you didn't engage with the topic, even though it was you who quoted that bizarre rant from the Adelaide Murdochian. Not willing to concede the headline was a total distortion of the facts? Yeah, typical of the right, never let facts get in the way of putting others down.

DS

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Gee, one minute you're complaining about it always being about you and how hard done by you are, then a bit later you're calling me a nazi.

You are such a hypocrite.

I notice you didn't engage with the topic, even though it was you who quoted that bizarre rant from the Adelaide Murdochian. Not willing to concede the headline was a total distortion of the facts? Yeah, typical of the right, never let facts get in the way of putting others down.

DS
Blah blah Murdoch scares me blah

Go *smile* your strawmen.