Australian Flag banned at the BDO | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Australian Flag banned at the BDO

nitrotiger

" lets play like the tigers of old ! "
Sep 9, 2005
Noble Park North Melbourne
Its awlright cobbers....
Im gonna stump up in Iran,whack the heads off  a couple of sheep and bulls,grab a couple of kilos of King Island prawns,Crayfish,and cook em up with a bit of onion and bacon,stick a crowbar into a squealing pig so I can have some pork chops in a synagogue...as well as some corned beef with onions and pontiac potatoes cooked in a camp oven over an open fire.........and then wash it down with icy-cold Crownies served up by a good lookin piece of homework in a nice bikini designed by the delightful Jodhie Meares........and have Kevin Wilson read the gospel.....
Thatll give em somethin to whinge about over there.....dont chas reckon? :hihi :hihi :hihi

ssstone

the mongrel plumber,and the heir apparent
Aug 11, 2006
ararat
DirtyDogTiger said:
Ready said:
Note that this is in Sydney... perhaps some need reacquainting with last summer's pictures of youths draped in Australian flags kicking seven shades out of anyone they took to be of Lebanese origin.

http://www.australian-news.com.au/The%20rise%20of%20Middle%20Eastern%20crime%20in%20Australia.pdf
ii am still cryin.

mld

hi
Apr 1, 2006
Melbs
As usual Bolt needlessly dresses up his point with a lot of hate, but the point that alcohol is the problem is correct. don't let anyone intoxicated in, don't sell alcohol. Problem solved.

mld

hi
Apr 1, 2006
Melbs
Unsurprisingly, the discouragement to bring flags resulted in the flag being turned into an item of defiance, it seems to have encouraged more people do display them. Probably unintentionally, the interesting effect of the defiance seems to have been a clear peer pressure from the majority of flag-bearers for the minority to not disgrace the flag with racism and stupidity.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Yeah alls well that ends well.  Was always gunna happen.  Good that the peer pressure thing happened mld.  BDO bosses admitted they couldn't have handled it much worse.  I reckon there's been a good outcome though in that the thugs who were wearing the flag were isolated and had to have a look at themselves.

Interesting article I thought I'd post as a counterpoint to our old mate Bolty's work.  He also includes the quote of Samuel Johnson.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/opinion/bit-unappetising-this-overcooked-patriotism/2007/01/25/1169594429901.html

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
tigersnake said:
  BDO bosses admitted they couldn't have handled it much worse. 

Agree with that statement bigtime.  I can't believe anyone actually supported the stance, though not surprisingly, an overwhelming majority voiced their disapproval. I don't think it was intended to come across the way it did and I'm glad they realised that and had the common sense to back off.

lefty

Another famous lefty!
Sep 20, 2006
it's kind of ironic that wearing or waving the flag has become a way of sticking it to the man!