Australian Republic | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Australian Republic

What would you vote for in a referendum?

• Republic

Votes: 31 91.2%
  • Monarchy

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Hopefully we also won’t have a PM actively sabotaging it. We need to make sure the public get to vote on a very simple question on whether we want a republic or not. Then the decision on what method can be separate.

It is the only way to get this done either way.

Interestingly, when the previous referendum actually failed to deliver the Republic, I was incensed at the way Howard sabotaged it. It was so obvious.

As a young person I felt betrayed by my own Prime Minister. I was sooooooo angry.

But now, I feel a bit cheese sandwich about the whole thing. I am no monarchist that is for sure, but equally, I have become disenfranchised with virtually all of our Political leaders of any persuasion. I think I just don't relate to any of it anymore.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
It is the only way to get this done either way.

Interestingly, when the previous referendum actually failed to deliver the Republic, I was incensed at the way Howard sabotaged it. It was so obvious.

As a young person I felt betrayed by my own Prime Minister. I was sooooooo angry.

But now, I feel a bit cheese sandwich about the whole thing. I am no monarchist that is for sure, but equally, I have become disenfranchised with virtually all of our Political leaders of any persuasion. I think I just don't relate to any of it anymore.
I am also not a fan to our political class but the republic debate is not about our politicians who will come and go.
It is about our country and who we are I.e. not British.
I don’t feel the slightest bit British and to me having a British head of state is not who we are as a country.

Reactions: 2 users