Awestruck by a humble, great man | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Awestruck by a humble, great man

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Awestruck by a humble, great man
Danny Frawley
richmondfc.com.au
4:11:58 PM Thu 28 August, 2003

I only had the privilege of meeting the great Jack Dyer on a couple of occasions, but he certainly left a lasting impression on me.

You've got to be in awe of people like Jack and the late Teddy Whitten. You realise they've not only been champion players, but they're champion people. Jack was a thorough gentleman, and very humble about his magnificent on-field achievements.

My thoughts of Jack were sitting down on a Sunday with the family and watching World of Sport. Fantastic memories of Jack interviewing players, coaches and arguing with Lou . . .

We're certainly extremely keen to pay respect to the Dyer name as best we can in this Sunday's final home-and-away round clash with Hawthorn at the MCG.

Our players have had a tremendous education this week of what the Richmond Football Club is all about.

It's been an emotional week, that's for sure, but it's been an uplifting time as well to see and hear what Jack Dyer means to so many people and to listen to those great stories about Richmond's past.

There is no bigger name in the Tigers' proud history than Jack Dyer and we've got to make sure we put our best foot forward at the MCG on Sunday, in honor of him. We want to do him proud . . .