[b][/b]captain???? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

[b][/b]captain????

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
Without wanting to spark the usual debate about Campbo, I agree with TF that Wayne is one of the only blokes to have shown true professionalism in the tough years. Also agree that if Knights's captaincy was not devalued by poor onfield results, then neither should Campbell's. On the other hand, anyone who is willing to critisize 33 for not getting the team into the finals can do the same to Campbo. The point is, you can't have it both ways. Personally I don't hold it against either.

I actually don't see the leader in Rodan that others seem to. I think he's a sensational talent, but he doesn't strike me as much of a talker. In any case it is absurdly early to entertain the idea. I'd be looking at Kane Johnson. Once he has a year or two of elite play at Punt Road behind him, he'll be the bloke that possesses all the qualities - respect of opposition and teammates alike, comfortable speaker, top professional on the track, premiership experience, and ability to lead by example on the field in big games. And he loves Richmond!

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
The coach is responsible for who he picks to play.  If the players fail, the coach fails.  
yes he is responsible for who he selects but once they hit the ground the players themselves are responsible for their own performance.
if all our players went in with the attitude like the kellaways or of years gone past wieghtman we would be world beaters no matter who the coach was.
you strive to be the best at what you do.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
What I see in Rodan is a bloke who will lead by example. His talk on field will develop as he becomes a more senior player within the group.

Rosy, I hope you aren't anti campbell ??? I will keep a keen eye on all your future posting lokking for anything satanic, or messages hidden within that are bagging Campbo ;D ;D

froars

"Famous last words - I'll be good"
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I get distracted for 5 minutes and i come back and ewes people are unmercifully bagging my hero Weenie.

Wayne should be captain for the next 10 years ;)

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I see that as very realistic froars - if he continues to keep his body out of rough stuff, I don't see why he can't play forever. ;D

A

admin

Haha Froars and Deano, it's people like you who give me a bad reputation. :rollin

A

admin

Rosy, I hope you aren't anti campbell ??? I will keep a keen eye on all your future posting lokking for anything satanic, or messages hidden within that are bagging Campbo ;D ;D
:rollin
Don't worry RR, there are a couple of other people stalking my posts for signs of anti-Campbellism. ;D

I've been accused of the disease for not giving him a vote one week in the player of the week. :-/
I've had my posts shifted to unrelated threads where they are way out of context just to make it sound like I am anti Campbo. :eek:

I think if you want to see the true meaning in my posts you have to play them backwards in front of a mirror.
Until then take no notice of these sinister allegations against my good character, ha. :D