Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
mld said:
Collo's kicking went dramatically downhill since he was traded.

agree. his kicking has really gone down hill after trade.
also he's lazy ;)

GEDS1

Richo's last lap
Apr 15, 2007
Collo good player, Grigg good player and Houli has the tools to be a good player just needs a run at it. Only loser in all this is Essendon.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Tigers of Old said:
Plus he's a poor kick. Not sure re Grigg yet but Houli's disposal is a lot better.

Collo has superior space and balance, good disposal by foot and kick for goal. Grigg's kicking disposal is ok at best

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
TigerForce said:
Maybe we should start a 'Dud. Delist' thread showing the progression of each player. Claw will definitely return to monitor it.
Claw would fill the bloody thing, and if he missed a space Barnzy would follow along and cover the gaps.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
The_General said:
Yeah I thought collo was a decent kick. He wasn't pinpoint, but certainly acceptable.

I hope Grigg is the same or better, as he has a reputation of being a bit wobbily....
IMHO Big fella I reckon Collo has been a better kick then Grigg , however I think Grigg is a much better allround package for us. Funny watchin games from 2010 and seeing Collo's mistakes that I "missed" when he was a tiger ;D

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Bachar Houli has signed over 70 of his friends and family to be new Tiger members. What a champion. 8)

Ok people, here is where I propose a nickname for him that works on a few levels.

Someone mentioned something in response to a Wiggles concert, it was about the Hooley Dooley's. I don't have kids but I had heard of them. Anyway it got me to thinking...

Bachar Houli ... 'The Flying doormat' BRUCE Doull. 'Doulli'. Bruce Houli.

Then I got to thinking about Bachar's new number, 14. BRUCE Tempany's old number. Played in the 82 GF.
And in 1980 BRUCE Monteath captained us to a flag, by a then record margin, over a hapless Scumwood.

It stands to reason, that if the RFC are to make another Grand Final, we need a BRUCE in the team.
No one these days calls them BRUCE ;) so we will have to invent a BRUCE and that BRUCE, is Bachar!!
Now, before my laptop unceremoniously crapped itself a few days ago, I had a pic of BRUCE Houli ready to Photoshop onto an old cover of the movie 'They Call Me BRUCE'. It was going to be GOLD because he would have had a headband and everything just like BRUCE Doull used to wear.
There is just too much synergy to ignore. ;D

There will be signs in the crowd that say "We call him BRUCE."

I bet Commetti can't wait to say "Well the Tiger fans they just love him, they call him BRUCE." And just imagine how much it'd make BRUCE MacAveney ROOOAAR. Haha.

Let's call him BRUCE.

Eat the rich

Jacky boy's done it again...
Nov 2, 2007
www.drfollicles.com.au
As long as he goes the full BRUCE, long hair, walrus moustache, and at the very least, a terry toweling head band, I'm OK with it.

Also, would need a guarantee, Helen D'Amico doesn't reprise her performance.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
There's a precedent for this. I once worked with a Jewish guy named Baruch.

But.....

They called him Bruce.

BBC

Here comes the hairdryer.
Feb 16, 2005
Melbourne
I am pumped that we have got Houli from Essendon in the PSD.
He is really embracing his new club and looking to improve his game.

In 2-3 years he'll be in our leadership group.

I think he will fit in beautifully into our team.

houdini

Tiger Superstar
Aug 26, 2009
boring dullsville perth
BBC said:
I am pumped that we have got Houli from Essendon in the PSD.
He is really embracing his new club and looking to improve his game.

In 2-3 years he'll be in our leadership group.

I think he will fit in beautifully into our team.
i agree he looks like a perfect fit for the tigers