Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Lamby will be saddened, @AFLPlayerRatings had him as our 6th best.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Time to hang up the boots.
Has done his job but its over. for a so called senior player his brain fades will cost us.. AGAIN.
Its not like its new watching Houli make a howler

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Time to hang up the boots.
Has done his job but its over. for a so called senior player his brain fades will cost us.. AGAIN.
Its not like its new watching Houli make a howler
Reckon Bash had a batter game than Dusty yesterday, less howlers too. KMac managed to present a masterclass in howlers yesterday n easily topped the show.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Reckon Bash had a batter game than Dusty yesterday, less howlers too. KMac managed to present a masterclass in howlers yesterday n easily topped the show.

55% disposal efficiency, 7 turnovers. Macca was shocking against a side that game token pressure the whole game.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
It is good, but he played about the same as he does most weeks IMO.

Yeah but not according to AFL player ratings. Averages about 8 ranking points a game. Went at over 15 on Saturday.

For context averaging 10 a game you are a good player inside top 200 in AFL. 15 is A grade. Over 15 you get to elite status.

8 is average 'good ordinary footballer'

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Looked pretty clear on evaluation of afl ratings the other week that it was a crock. Prefer SC score personally. Really highlights well those who have disposed poorly.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I agree. You don't seem to focus on outcomes in your assessments.

"Assessment" is a very technical word Lamby, I just watch what they do and decide whether they played well or not. ;)
  • Those who played really well yesterday given their roles, no Player Ratings required - Cotch Prestia Lambert George Lynch Broad Shai
  • Mid-tier, did the job you'd expect - Houli Martin Astbury Stack Egg (kudos for his first game) Soldo (about as good as he can play so gets a pass)
  • Below par (if that exists a 92 point win) - Grimes KMac Chol Ellis Rioli
Didn't go through the whole team obvs.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Fair enough Antman. Should have had a smiley :)

What I like is them highlighting a player you might have missed. Swallow rated high for GC and Soldo unusually well for him. On a watching back on the game you usually see the reason why.

I think scores were inflated yesterday because nearly everything turned to gold in the first half meaning there were lots of score involvements.

I don't think AFL ratings captures great defensive players. Like how do you fashion an algorithm for Grime's work. He is a master of playing percentages and not exceeding boundaries and tolerances. But it's pretty good at offensive output.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Fair enough Antman. Should have had a smiley :)

What I like is them highlighting a player you might have missed. Swallow rated high for GC and Soldo unusually well for him. On a watching back on the game you usually see the reason why.

I think scores were inflated yesterday because nearly everything turned to gold in the first half meaning there were lots of score involvements.

I don't think AFL ratings captures great defensive players. Like how do you fashion an algorithm for Grime's work. He is a master of playing percentages and not exceeding boundaries and tolerances. But it's pretty good at offensive output.

yep fair post Lamby. Agree on defence.. I mean there's the "one percenters" but even that doesn't really capture it and probably doesn't weight those highly enough either.... I thought Graham had a good game but on the other hand Swallow was BOG for the GC and apparently Graham was on him, although its hard to tell who's on who watching on the box.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Read and weep those Houli detractors.

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
With Eggs and Baker all being trialed for the half back role and intention to slot Marlion in for a stint it may signal the end of the road for Houli' career.