Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
KMac and Pickett stay in. Would love to see Markov play, he seems so positive all the time even when not getting a game, but can't see Houli dropped.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
i think with Bachar, Astbury and Prestia returning so late (Shed as well but less so) it kind of upset the apple cart in a way.
i dig these guys are the established elite, but the team was rolling on fine, and readjustment so late in a season (despite 'systems') would have an effect. wouldn't it ?

Yep of course it would. But there's a few issues with the side IMO.

Balta has played down back as the number 1 with Grimes and Broad alongside him for the whole season then Broad gets ousted and Dave comes in as number 1.

Now Noah is probably thinking too much about what he needs to do where and when to go etc because Dave's back rather than just doing as playing as the number 1 he knew his job it was simple.

Balta goes out of defence for just 3 games to ruck with Nank and putting Broad back to defence should fix up the now clunky defence.

Put the Flag winning defence together whilst it is available as these guys know how to roll as a unit and it will remove the clunkiness that has has been apparent with Dave and Noah both there and Grimes and Tigga also looked somewhat unsure of whether to try intercepting as they expect one of the 2 talls to do it.

We don't have 8 games to work on Dave and Noah learning how to play together.

We don't need to develop Noah in the next 3 games we need to do what we have to in order to win the flag!!

Nank needs a chop out and Noah is the best option to provide it and the defence regains its balance.

We might not get another shot at it, this could be it for the Tigers.

Nothing is a given and we are without Soldo for 2021 whose importance has suddenly become glaringly apparant, and our ageing stars will be another year older!
There is also the spectre that Soldo may not make it back the same player as he was prior to his injury, which was a nasty one make no mistake.

Pickett's decision making and disposal have been below par also. He is not untouchable or at least shouldn't be, and Lambert is trying to play through Hip Spurs which is a very debilitating condition especially for an athlete, hence his form has diminished and if there is any question on his fitness he should miss. Backing this up is the fact he played well this week after a week off, whilst he has been down when playing every week with his injury.

In Ross and Markov we have runners that can replace these guys and also Caddy.

Throw in Houli whose form has not been flash either and the side now is trying to win a rowing race with a hole in the boat especially with Castagna down, Rioli down, and underdone blokes in Prestia and Edwards back.

Too much tinkering now and the timing and fluidity is out.

Apologies for the long post and rant but its sheep stations time.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Yep of course it would. But there's a few issues with the side IMO.

Balta has played down back as the number 1 with Grimes and Broad alongside him for the whole season then Broad gets ousted and Dave comes in as number 1.

Now Noah is thinking too much about playing again or what he needs to do because Dave's back rather than just doing as playing as the number 1 he knew his job it was simple.

Balta goes out of defence for just 3 games to ruck with Nank and putting Broad back to defence should fix up the now clunky defence.

Put the Flag winning defence together whilst it is available as these guys know how to roll as a unit and it will remove the clunkiness that has has been apparent with Dave and Noah both there and Grimes and Tigga also looked somewhat unsure of whether to try intercepting as they expect one of the 2 talls to do it.

We don't have 8 games to work on Dave and Noah learning how to play together.

We don't need to develop Noah in the next 3 games we need to do what we have to in order to win the flag!!

Nank needs a chop out and Noah is the best option to provide it and the defence regains its balance.

We might not get another shot at it, this could be it for the Tigers.

Nothing is a given and we are without Soldo for 2021 whose importance has suddenly become glaringly apparant, and our ageing stars will be another year older!
There is also the spectre that Soldo may not make it back the same player as he was prior to his injury, which was a nasty one make no mistake.

Pickett's decision making and disposal have been below par also. He is not untouchable or at least shouldn't be, and Lambert is trying to play through Hip Spurs which is a very debilitating condition especially for an athlete, hence his form has diminished and if there is any question on his fitness he should miss. Backing this up is the fact he played well this week after a week off, whilst he has been down when playing every week with his injury.

In Ross and Markov we have runners that can replace these guys and also Caddy.

Throw in Houli whose form has not been flash either and the side now is trying to win a rowing race with a hole in the boat especially with Castagna down, Rioli down, and underdone blokes in Prestia and Edwards back.

Too much tinkering now and the timing and fluidity is out.

Apologies for the long post and rant but its sheep stations time.

You have great points.I think we we're down as a whole team to be honest passengers and to many mistakes on Friday.Balta and Dave did there job lions big forwards kicked 1 between them.Grimes matchup was wrong as Cameron took Grimes up the field we should have moved him.There is a few players on notice not putting in enough and Ross,Markov and Broad can come straight in.Prestia and Titch and even Bolton had to come in you can see our clearances dramatically improved with them broke even.Players of that quality you cannot leave out.

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
it's going to be a headache for selectors. I've added my opinion previously, yet reading the posts on this page no (362) all made valid points. If saints don't bring another ruckman, then we can assume king will have some time in the ruck. I would be inclined to have Balta matched against king throughout the game.
Markov could easily replace Houli this week, as Houli was below par with his touches. markov provides speed and ability to break lines.
Chol replaced by Lynch, we must include either Caddy or Broad and Aarts gets dropped. For team balance only. Aarts has helped the team and played his role, however, now we need a big body player who can mark and defend.

I can't see Dimma making more than 3 changes this week.

the other thing is, if we get through, we need another ruckman against port the following week. Do we only at boundary throw ins within deep of our forward line use Lynch, Dusty & Jack and at half forward to wings use Macca, Pickett, Caddy/Broad? With Nank covering the back? Chol may get another go only at the port game.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
it's going to be a headache for selectors. I've added my opinion previously, yet reading the posts on this page no (362) all made valid points. If saints don't bring another ruckman, then we can assume king will have some time in the ruck. I would be inclined to have Balta matched against king throughout the game.

Markov could easily replace Houli this week, as Houli was below par with his touches. markov provides speed and ability to break lines.
Chol replaced by Lynch, we must include either Caddy or Broad and Aarts gets dropped. For team balance only. Aarts has helped the team and played his role, however, now we need a big body player who can mark and defend.

[/QUOTE

Playing against the Saints changes things you are correct.

Much easier had we been meeting the Doggies.

King is the issue in regard to who we play on him.

Noah is the best match up physically for King, but if they bring in Abbott then we are disadvantaged in the middle.

If we beat them up in the middle King becomes much less of an issue.

Butler is more likely to hurt us more than King is.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

I can't see Dimma making more than 3 changes this week.

the other thing is, if we get through, we need another ruckman against port the following week. Do we only at boundary throw ins within deep of our forward line use Lynch, Dusty & Jack and at half forward to wings use Macca, Pickett, Caddy/Broad? With Nank covering the back? Chol may get another go only at the port game.

Noah is the best match up physically for King, but if they bring in Abbott then we are disadvantaged in the middle.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Markov on Butler and match over

I can see the point you are getting at there tt2 and it has merit.

Whilst Oleg has the pace I don't think he has the pure defensive IQ or lockdown ability to play on Butler, who is a sneaky little bastard lets be honest.

Oleg is more an offensive attacking runner than a shutdown defender.

Oleg or even Broad probably would be a good option to play on Hill but also unlikely to happen, he cut us up last time.

Bakers probably going to get the job on Dan or even Grimesy, but the thought of Dylan having to sprint out after Butler gives me the Heebies thinking about the welfare of his Hamstrings.

The StKilda smalls around half forward always have given us grief.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
it would. Calculated risk, get the best side right for the GF. Risk is they don't make it :)
get the risk, but did we need to take it to the degree we have ?
time will tell ...

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
get the risk, but did we need to take it to the degree we have ?
time will tell ...

Its a fair point, the last six weeks we were unbeaten with the team on the park.
But yeah, too soon to tell... I'm still optimistic!

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
I think Astbury is our best bet against King. Astbury is incredibly strong and knows how to position his body in marking contests. His experience will be invaluable against King. Markov could go with Butler and make him more accountable. Not sure our other defenders have the speed.

Horses for courses.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010

To be honest if we cant beat saints we don't deserve to be there no exuses hearing to much already mind you there depleted. If we can't deal with King and Abbott we aren't going to win.

Reactions: 5 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Would be hard to turn down a couple of hundred gorillas a year, regardless of ethics and principles.... from any club.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Would be hard to turn down a couple of hundred gorillas a year, regardless of ethics and principles.... from any club.

He is cooked and they will hard boil him at windy hill.
Should've not be playing, badly out of form. When he is out from, the fumbling and turnover's return.
I would bring back Markov.
For 2 reasons, Houli's form and to see if he worth keeping or to off load.
We are giving away all our fast player's to the opppstion for nothing.

• Sad

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I thought he looked like a star early last week and his hardness was very good. Fully backing Houli to be one of our best tonight on his road back to near-Norm Smith form.