Bachar Houli | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact [email protected] // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT! Our inbox is full of email errors from members who have not updated their emails, please follow the instructions on how to update here
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
We turned Shorty into a B&F winning, almost Norm Smith winning superstar from a suburban hack.
We can do anything if they have a special quality in their arsenal.
I’m all in. Where do we sign?
Suburban hack?
I know you're kidding but in this post-truth world not every-one else does.
Lethal with both feet but injury-interupted U18 year, and his size, meant he slipped to the rookie draft.

Dont Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 26, 2018
Suburban hack?
I know you're kidding but in this post-truth world not every-one else does.
Lethal with both feet but injury-interupted U18 year, and his size, meant he slipped to the rookie draft.
Not so much kidding as exaggerating the point.
From lowly rookie pick 11 to B&F in a Premiership team.
That’s some feit and not to be unappreciated.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Zip reporting live for ZipNews.
Bacher and his family are here at Hamilton island 4 days off.
More to come..

Reactions: 1 user

Tigers of Old

Proud of our Club.
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Concerning training reports that Bachar is struggling to get over his calf injury.
Does lead to some questions as to whether it was the right thing to re-sign him or whether he should have retired at the end of last season & opened another spot on the list.
Never write a champion off but as we know with the old man's injury, it tends to get worse not better as you get older.
Can't see him having a big impact from here unfortunately.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Concerning training reports that Bachar is struggling to get over his calf injury.
Does lead to some questions as to whether it was the right thing to re-sign him or whether he should have retired at the end of last season & opened another spot on the list.
Never write a champion off but as we know with the old man's injury, it tends to get worse not better as you get older.
Can't see him having a big impact from here unfortunately.
I Agree Toots that he probably shouldve retired after his GF Heroics (which ironically have contributed to his current situation no doubt.).

He was only going last season and was never in top form on his return.

No doubt they will take the slow road with him to try and have him right for when it counts.

Hopefully the Bash is ready and in ripping form when things get hectic.

wigglyworm

Tiger Rookie
Jan 22, 2008
All good rest him until 2nd half of the season , no rush here .
I wonder whether we will end up in a Grigg like situation with Bachar in the middle of the year. I really do hope he gets a run at it during the season and can go out on his own terms.

Not many players do however

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Really hoped we'd be the first club to field a premiership team again. Not looking good.

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I wouldn't stress too much about Houli, it's important to remember we are on a very delayed preparation this year due to the late finish to the season last year. For our older guys, it's really only early January in a normal year.

I doubt they will be looking to really tick him over until close to the start of the season and will be looking for him to peak at the right time. He looks after himself, doesn't drink and has lots of training years under the belt so his condition will come back really quickly once he is ready for some training load.

Reactions: 7 users