Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
Horrible first half.

Beast mode second half.
Agreed. In the second half, he seemed to arrive at each contest with momentum. Momentum is about timing and energy and urgency. It's not all about foot speed, especially when the ball is in dispute; it's about arriving at the contest with the presence and the tools to carry you forward and affect the outcome, often via a split-second decision and action. Many of our guys took on the attitude of the hunter in the second half, and Bachar was one of them.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Bachar seems to take a few games to warm up. The signs are good he is hitting better form and was good tonight although he can be better.

Just hope he keeps the upward momentum and gets to his best soon.

Is still a worry in terms of age and soft tissue injuries but glad he is playing this year. Not cooked yet by a long shot but clearly nearing the end of a magnificent career.

thought his response after kicking the goal was priceless

Absolutely hilarious, he was doubled over laughing from what I could see. Love it, we need more of that attitude.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
Watched him closely in the first half, was super critical of him as had a number of opportunities to make contact but didnt.

Maybe his aging body during a long ramadan....

But wow, after half time even though at stages he couldnt run, he gave everything.

And he like all the players after half time, just smiles all around.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Bachar is a slow starter. Season wise. Every year.

Let's see how he goes in September.

Poor tonight by his All-Time Great standards. And nearly BOG.
Bachar's form always seems to skyrocket during Ramadan, it's like the hungrier he gets the hungrier he gets :) ;)

Reactions: 3 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
The older you get it is so much harder to come back from injury as Bachar has shown. After a quiet few games and a slow start on Friday things started working again and he was back to his influential best

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
The older you get it is so much harder to come back from injury as Bachar has shown. After a quiet few games and a slow start on Friday things started working again and he was back to his influential best
I reckon he wasn’t too happy with his first half and he came out and went hard at the ball. When Bachar does that he pmakes a difference to our team. I must admit I had written him off as cooked up to that point of the season and he surprised me with that second half.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Well done Bachar, 200 games for the mighty Tigers. Not bad for a soft gutless HBF who hears footsteps.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Brilliant effort by the ferocious beard. So pleased he left Essendrugs n became such a good player and an even better community player for the Tigers.
Hope he gets the chance to play on next year and gets to the official 250 game milestone. More importantly that he retains a strong connection through the club once he does retire.