Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Thanks Bachar you’ve been a champ of the club; a magnificent career. But it’s sad to see you play this poorly.

Bow out gracefully and move on to the next stage of your life.

Reactions: 5 users

silvertiger

Tiger Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
Needs to be managed out. Just has very little zip and his decision making and skills have dropped off in a major way. Can retire with Cotch this year.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
CJ's gift is that he can get it. Last night was aberrant and I think he would have got it eventually.

His weaknesses are defensive. When we got him he had no idea of how to box out and, as we saw again last night, he's still easily pushed off the ball. And once he's brushed aside he's out of position to defend. And even when he's in position he's not strong here.

He can catch. And, if he can hold position, spoil. But again holding position. Boxing out. Got a lot of work to do. And he's always going to be weak in holding position. The first thing he could do to address that is keep moving but the tank isn't there yet.

I think he's a keeper. Very immature. And that is fine for a ruck.
Yeah we need to persevere with CJ.
I don't think we want Houli rucking.

Reactions: 1 users

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
He and Astbury looked under duress. They looked like players a few yards too slow to the contest.

The problem is Vlaustin isn't fast and Short is a small defender so we basically have a slow defense with the exception of Grimes who was easily our best.

Injuries just exposed these guys even more.

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Not sure we realise how much of an impact that Houli missing the entire pre season has had on him. For his position on the field it is a killer.

He tried his guts out the entire night. Not sure he has another season in him but far from our worst last night

Reactions: 5 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I thought he was one of our least worst players. Yes he made mistakes, as all did, but at least he had some positive impact too.

Reactions: 4 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
He and Astbury looked under duress. They looked like players a few yards too slow to the contest.

The problem is Vlaustin isn't fast and Short is a small defender so we basically have a slow defense with the exception of Grimes who was easily our best.

Injuries just exposed these guys even more.
I thought Vlossy was brave and did well last night. the least of our problems. Ihad him just behind Lynch and Pickett, then daylight.

Reactions: 1 user

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Watching the game from Lvl 3 last night you could see who is running hard and who is bludging. We had alot of bludgers out there. Houli wasn't one of them.

Houli made alot of errors but that was coz he had no one running shotgun with him - had no support. He was one of a very few who kept running hard trying to create movement trying to make things happen. But he had little support and had to either bomb blindly or thread the needle with his kicks.

we are playing 2016 slow conservative static football. Never thought I'd see it again but last night was a dejavu moment. The bad feelings came rushing back and I had to search for my old coping mechanisms.

our flag winning game revolved around running hard to support, to link up, to provide an option, to swarm the opposition and create a turnover and to spread fast.

is it any wonder that edwards has become completely ineffective? he thrives on movement around him so he can distribute by hand.

Dustin Martin looked like a bush footballer last night.

we have gone ultra conservative with our movement off the ball. we are not running nearly hard enough when we don't have the ball.

it's easy to blame a player or 2 and say they are finished, but you have to look at what's happening out there overall.

Houli was apparently finished in 2016.

Reactions: 14 users