Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
it's easy to blame a player or 2 and say they are finished, but you have to look at what's happening out there overall.

agree harry. You cant program players to play a Systemprocess for 5 years,

change it, and say everyone is hopeless.

Its like we've built and modified and tuned a fuel injected turbo charged 454,

and filled it up with diesel.

Reactions: 4 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Watching the game from Lvl 3 last night you could see who is running hard and who is bludging. We had alot of bludgers out there. Houli wasn't one of them.

Houli made alot of errors but that was coz he had no one running shotgun with him - had no support. He was one of a very few who kept running hard trying to create movement trying to make things happen. But he had little support and had to either bomb blindly or thread the needle with his kicks.

we are playing 2016 slow conservative static football. Never thought I'd see it again but last night was a dejavu moment. The bad feelings came rushing back and I had to search for my old coping mechanisms.

our flag winning game revolved around running hard to support, to link up, to provide an option, to swarm the opposition and create a turnover and to spread fast.

is it any wonder that edwards has become completely ineffective? he thrives on movement around him so he can distribute by hand.

Dustin Martin looked like a bush footballer last night.

we have gone ultra conservative with our movement off the ball. we are not running nearly hard enough when we don't have the ball.

it's easy to blame a player or 2 and say they are finished, but you have to look at what's happening out there overall.

Houli was apparently finished in 2016.
Great post Harry. Laying the blame at the feet of Houli is unfair and unjust. At one stage he was right in front of me and he could barely get a breath of air in. He had just busted his gut running to trying to cover the bludgers.

He aint done. But he is underdone. No pre-season.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
He almost stopped us losing the game by himself in the last. A couple more players with his effort and intent in the last and we would have unjustly scraped over the line.

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I though the ol half back legend battled manfully, gave his all, however he’s definitely starting to signs of slowing down , huge worry is the soft tissues .

Just like Skip and Jack , wouldn’t for a second begrudge them playing on or retiring , totally up to them , it’s not like they’ve taken extra coin and bolted

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Has syndesmosis, season over
I know some will be rejoicing but he's a huge loss. Usually the one that sets the tone with his hard running off half back.

Just when we need more run in our game we lose one of our best runners.

*smile*

Reactions: 7 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I know some will be rejoicing but he's a huge loss. Usually the one that sets the tone with his hard running off half back.
Dosent look like we’ve got anywhere near a replacement back there. Absolute star, massive in our finals campaigns

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
He did look very proppy at one point late in the last quarter, was hobbling on one leg. Thought he was going to come off at the time so its not surprising to hear he's out with injury.

Hopefully this means Stack gets a shot at half back.

Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Possibly / probably career over , man what a shame if that's the case

Syd Stack, your time beckons, please grasp the opportunity

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Bachar Houli is an all-time great of the Richmond Football Club and the best running half-back-flanker of his generation.

Reactions: 11 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Not a bad word should be said about this great man!

The ultimate Richmond man.

I hope he plays on next year. I know for a fact he does and does not care if its in the reserves as a developer of our younger players.

Reactions: 5 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Apartment from Kane Cornes and the two AFL360 clowns who would be rejoicing?
I dunno, Harry said some would be. Bitter Essington b!tches? The usual social media losers who rejoice in any Richmond misfortune?

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I dunno, Harry said some would be. Bitter Essington b!tches? The usual social media losers who rejoice in any Richmond misfortune?
Yeah fair enough. Can't be underestimated in his contribution to the RFC and the game itself.

Reactions: 1 user