Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Yeah. It is really amazing that they have created a culture where everyone parks their ego somewhere else.

But that is not the most amazing thing, it is one thing to create this culture but to have everyone buy in and accept it, is more amazing.

But even that is not the most amazing thing. Not only have they created this culture and obtained total buy-in, they have done this in an elite sporting environment. As a rule, e sportspeople do not park their egos anywhere. They take them everywhere they go. Ego is a huge part of what makes them elite.

Do Le Bron James and Usain Bolt park their egos? What about Tiger Woods and Rafael Nadal? Or Roger Federer and Serena Williams? Is Kobe Bryant humble?

That is what is truly amazing! And that is why other teams are struggling to copy our culture. Nathan Buckley and Chris Scott, for example, get the mechanics of how this works but have no understanding of what the moving parts are doing.

Bachar is a huge part of our culture. He drives it as much as Cotchin and Hardwick do.

But the world needs balance. Not enough ego and arrogance can lead to unforeseen consequences. With that in mind it's incumbent on us members to support our club in an ego fueled, arrogant and dismissive manner. We need to constantly remind non-RFC supporters just how great we are at every opportunity.

Reactions: 3 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
A proven big game and finals player.

When the game was a contest he was BOG.
Both Houli and Martin are stars, in fact, they are consistent and able to impact on big games. Its great to have these two stars in our team. led by Trent, we are the force!

Reactions: 1 user

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
But the world needs balance. Not enough ego and arrogance can lead to unforeseen consequences. With that in mind it's incumbent on us members to support our club in an ego fueled, arrogant and dismissive manner. We need to constantly remind non-RFC supporters just how great we are at every opportunity.
I’ll be in that.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Like all clubs there’s peaks and troughs, however I’d like to think thanks to Peggy and Benny we have built a club that will have continued success for atleast the next decade, there’s no doubt we have the best in the business in crucial areas , we may not win the next 10 flags , however I’d imagine one every second year will continue for some time :cool:

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Like all clubs there’s peaks and troughs, however I’d like to think thanks to Peggy and Benny we have built a club that will have continued success for atleast the next decade, there’s no doubt we have the best in the business in crucial areas , we may not win the next 10 flags , however I’d imagine one every second year will continue for some time :cool:

Darksider.

Last edited by a moderator:

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
It's hilarious to go back randomly through pages on this thread and see the unwarranted attacks on our two-time premiership hero.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Who ever thought we'd see this on a t-shirt?

BACHAAAR_ART_SQUARE_1024x1024@2x.png

Reactions: 6 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Watching the Bachar vids it has just dawned on me. Haven't done any reading on this or anything, but we are probably a leader in world sport atm. Don't be surprised if we start getting visitors to our humble PR abode from US, England, Italy, Germany....

Reactions: 3 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Watching the Bachar vids it has just dawned on me. Haven't done any reading on this or anything, but we are probably a leader in world sport atm. Don't be surprised if we start getting visitors to our humble PR abode from US, England, Italy, Germany....

UK football clubs would certainly learn a far bit by visiting our club and listening to our leaders

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
I couldn't find a dedicated Bachar thread now that he's one of ours. Mods feel free to merge if I missed one.

Saw this snippet from RFCO on BF:

"Good sign from yesterday, once Bachar finished and came 2nd he had a 30 second break, went back and started running to the finish line with the guys that were still running."

I get the feeling our Mr Houli is going to do whatever he possibly can to stick it up Essendon in the biggest way possible. Glad to have him as one of ours, no matter what the motivation.

Just read Baloo's first post of this thread. I reckon Essendon can consider themselves stuck up...!

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Thanks Midsy for sharing that post.

Obviously a great team person that does his fair share professionally then more.

Going into 2020 still one of our most critical players. I will be looking to see who we are grooming for his role from 2021 and beyond.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Done a calf at training.
Won’t play.
Changing his name to Mr December

Last edited:

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
It's hilarious to go back randomly through pages on this thread and see the unwarranted attacks on our two-time premiership hero.
Even after his 17GF heroics was I alone in thinking he would only be around for 1 or 2 at best seasons? Let alone played his best footy in in those two years?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The great man continues to have issues with that dreaded calf of his after aggravating it again just recently.
Had hoped that this time off would have helped him get over it but the 'old man' injury is still hanging around.
Hope not but can't help but think that we may have seen the best of Bachar.
If we have he'll be nigh on impossible to replace. :confused:

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
The great man continues to have issues with that dreaded calf of his after aggravating it again just recently.
Had hoped that this time off would have helped him get over it but the 'old man' injury is still hanging around.

Yep, latest injury in same spot 8 weeks after initial when training would have been nowhere near 100%, a worry for sure.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Unfortunately looks like the end for him. Even when you hear him talk now, you can sense that he knows its the end. Will be remembered as a great of our club.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Without players like Houli in the squad, we'll never win a Grand Final

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Unfortunately looks like the end for him. Even when you hear him talk now, you can sense that he knows its the end. Will be remembered as a great of our club.
Where's he spoken about it recently? I've not heard him talk about it. Gotta link? I hope it's not the end, but it has crossed my mind that this saga could just end a few careers. I have expected Gary Jnr to retire these past couple of weeks.