Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I couldn't find a dedicated Bachar thread now that he's one of ours. Mods feel free to merge if I missed one.

Saw this snippet from RFCO on BF:

"Good sign from yesterday, once Bachar finished and came 2nd he had a 30 second break, went back and started running to the finish line with the guys that were still running."

I get the feeling our Mr Houli is going to do whatever he possibly can to stick it up Essendon in the biggest way possible. Glad to have him as one of ours, no matter what the motivation.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Cheers Baloo and well said. Good to hear from Houli. Whitey said when he was interviewed today that it was the first time Houli had ever run the tan, so he did well to come in 3rd place.

BTW, how could you miss the 97 page thread on pg. 3?? :hihi

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Tigerdog said:
BTW, how could you miss the 97 page thread on pg. 3?? :hihi

Yeah, saw that. But as most of the first 30 or so pages had people moaning our stupidity in considering him as a trade, I thought it best to create a fresh thread. This way people can post their negative comments over and over and over again.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Sounds good to me. I am glad you did because I have a nickname for him that works on a few levels and may just catch on, but first I have to do a bit of work in Paint... and I am crap at Paint, so hopefully it'll be worth the wait. :hihi

geoffryprettyboy

Tiger Legend
Apr 8, 2004
Baloo said:
most of the first 30 or so pages had people moaning our stupidity in considering him as a trade, I thought it best to create a fresh thread.

Yep good call and I hope all the religious stuff is kept out of this one and it's purely footy.

I believe Houli will be a great addition to the team, I admire his mentality, I hope his footy does the talking.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Good decision Baloo. I can feel the positive energy. He cost us nothing and is already having an impact - in the sense that there is a large spread of postive Tiger spin in the big paper, can only be happy with that.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
A new thread for Bachar already Balooga?

A touch premature I would think as new threads haven't worked brilliantly for others in the past but anyways.

He's certainly making the right noises but I have heard it all before from new recruits.
I'd prefer to see how goes when he actually he plays for us before singing his praises.

Good luck to him though he's off to a bright start on the track.
Let's hope he grasps his second chance at Richmond and sticks it up the Bombers.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not premature at all. I reckon every player on our list deserves a new thread the minute they become one of ours. Houli's was filled with a lot of pre-draft angst. None of it is relevant anymore, he's one of ours now.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Baloo said:
Not premature at all. I reckon every player on our list deserves a new thread the minute they become one of ours. Houli's was filled with a lot of pre-draft angst. None of it is relevant anymore, he's one of ours now.

Maybe we should start a 'Dud. Delist' thread showing the progression of each player. Claw will definitely return to monitor it.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Baloo said:

Fair enough. Let's hope this one is not filled with post-draft angst.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Not sure why there was any angst in the first place considering we got him for nothing. I believe he will show the bummers they made the wrong call and was justified in thinking he was more deserving of getting a regular spot (Grigg as well - although Collins' beep test is a worry)...

MrRuss

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 12, 2006
toothless said:
Not sure why there was any angst in the first place considering we got him for nothing. I believe he will show the bummers they made the wrong call and was justified in thinking he was more deserving of getting a regular spot (Grigg as well - although Collins' beep test is a worry)...

Beep test results mean nothing when you have the body of a 12 year old boy. Don't know if Grigg will make it but is a chance so a fair deal for us in my eyes. Even if Grigg turns into a dud, we got Bacher for nothing and he'll provide us with more than Collins.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
MrRuss said:
Beep test results mean nothing when you have the body of a 12 year old boy. Don't know if Grigg will make it but is a chance so a fair deal for us in my eyes. Even if Grigg turns into a dud, we got Bacher for nothing and he'll provide us with more than Collins.

Not so sure about that, the question marks over collo was his application to the ball and to his game. On the surface at least one of these has been addressed. He bulked up last year and appeared to have the shape to continue to build muscle to his frame...

As far as talent and ability I have no doubt collo has that covered

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
MrRuss said:

Grigg will make it. Alot of Carlton fans I know were spewing he was traded for Collins (who I rate too BTW).

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
toothless said:
Not so sure about that, the question marks over collo was his application to the ball and to his game. On the surface at least one of these has been addressed. He bulked up last year and appeared to have the shape to continue to build muscle to his frame...

Plus he's a poor kick. Not sure re Grigg yet but Houli's disposal is a lot better.

Broady

Tiger Cub
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
That lot at Essendon are a funny lot, First Bachar Houli was a good player with good skill, now he is with us; he cannot kick with poor skill and was a fringe player at best. Which is it? ::)

MOTiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 10, 2010
Brunswick
Tigers of Old said:
Plus he's a poor kick. Not sure re Grigg yet but Houli's disposal is a lot better.

was collo really a bad kick? i thought he was pretty good kick especially at goal
for what i've seen of grigg he is ok kick at best his kicks can be a little loopy but he is a long kick and runs and carries the ball.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Yeah I thought collo was a decent kick. He wasn't pinpoint, but certainly acceptable.

I hope Grigg is the same or better, as he has a reputation of being a bit wobbily....