Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
i don't get the Houli vitriol, plenty of plods in front of him who need a talking to ...

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
When the defensive half all start to look like they are lacking confidence in their disposal, you can only assume the mids and forwards aren't in the places the defenders expect them to be or the opposition has that spot covered.

I think you are so right here, the structure is not right at the moment as the players seem unable to implement the system. Hopefully it will improve as they get a few games under their belts.

Certainly Houli has not been at his best but I reckon he is not as far below what he is capable of than a fair number of others.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
That ground brings out our worse.
Houli was close to BOG in the Collingwood game,.
He was ok against Hawthorn
And yesterday he was back to Houli of 2014.
If that is enough to satisfy some that he is on the decline, then fair enough....

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
i don't get the Houli vitriol

I guess as our oldest player, the spotlight is going to fall on him if the team's not performing. But for a bloke who was tipped not to play in R2 due to a calf injury, he looks pretty fit to me. I'd suggest he's one who probably hasn't let his standards slip.

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
Bachar is one of our most efficient distributors and when he is hesitant, his targets are often out of position or well covered by the opposition's defence. He had a few bloopers but our forwards seemed to be offering little. Again, a player with SO MANY credits in the bank.

Reactions: 3 users

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
(Shorty, on the other hand, should be instructed to kick 50 metres every time he gets the ball.)

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
A bit harsh there Zips.

He isn't the Houli we all know.
He hasn't hit the wall.
He isn't at the end.
He just looks disinterested.
And if your not 100% switched on, you can look very ordinary.
He was our best against Collingwood. Just 3 weeks ago.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Houli is not the Houli of the last few seasons right now but the same can be said of a number of our stars who are also struggling for form in this shortened game. He and the others are professionals so we have to expect them to find form

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Sorry he looks disinterested.

He perpetrated a shocking turnover in the last quarter then charged like a maniac to try to rescue the situation. Didn't look disinterested to me.

Slightly down on form and confidence but comfortably leading the team for disposals. Needs to be monitored for signs that he's over the hill, but I'm not seeing them yet.

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
Big step up from last week for Bachar. He hit the ball from the first bounce like a man possessed. It was GF level Houli. Great to see. If he is going to the hub he has done it with class, which in fairness to him is how is always conducts himself.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Big step up from last week for Bachar. He hit the ball from the first bounce like a man possessed. It was GF level Houli. Great to see. If he is going to the hub he has done it with class, which in fairness to him is how is always conducts himself.

Not going to the hubba bubba

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Still inclined to moments of panic from time to time
Anyway given that he ain’t going north - now it’s time to blood his long term replacement and why not Naish?
Lets find out anyway

Reactions: 1 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Gyped a contest that ended in a goal. I’m with zips on this. Was not engaged, in lala land , not much intensity for much of the game. I am happy for him to be out of the hub.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Just read Bachs mum is battling COVID and in ICU.

• Sad
Reactions: 4 users