Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Without talking it up, I've spent a lot of my life working overseas, and most people of the Middle East and those who practice true Islam are the most friendly generous giving folk i've ever encountered. Them and the Sikhs of India. Really proud to have Bachar at the club, he's a gentleman of the highest order.

Yeah, Islam isn't the evil religion the MAGA crowd think it is. Malays and Indonesians, both predominantly Muslim races, are also very friendly, generous and welcoming.

Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I went ape droppings at that call! It was definitely 18 - 20m.

yep. was right in front of me. 20m +/- 2m.

The excuse 'its a difficult game to umpire' doesn't apply to this rule.

20m has always been 5m more than 15 metres

and any professional who deals in distance and territory, who cant estimate distance within a 25% margin of error,

shouldn't be in the job

• Angry
Reactions: 3 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004

and any professional who deals in distance and territory, who cant estimate distance within a 25% margin of error,

shouldn't be in the job
Yep. The inconsistencies in the 50 metre penalties dished out are also appalling.

Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Brendon Gale on Bachar,

“I’d be very surprised, I’d be extremely surprised if Bachar wasn’t playing with us next year.
He’s got a strong position in our team now, he’s got a strong future at our club. We established the Bachar Houli Foundation which will be located at Punt Road.
His contribution to our club now and his legacy after is something we need to protect.”

Boom.

Without talking it up, I've spent a lot of my life working overseas, and most people of the Middle East and those who practice true Islam are the most friendly generous giving folk i've ever encountered. Them and the Sikhs of India. Really proud to have Bachar at the club, he's a gentleman of the highest order.

Ditto my experiences also, Arty
Bachar will be a gun against Port.

Reactions: 1 users

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I

shouldn't be in the job
if they just got rid of some of the crap, marginal rules maybe the umps would be left with enough processing power to concentrate on the rules at the heart of the game. Men are notoriously bad at multi tasking they recon

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Mantikorr

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2006
Congratulations Bachar on your Jim Stynes Community award. Very well deserved, keep up the great work

• Love
Reactions: 13 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
"As long as there's a contract there, an offer, I won't be going anywhere else to be quite honest," he said.

"I've got something far greater than just a playing contract at the football club and that's the foundation and the work we've done together with Richmond Football Club and the AFL to establish the foundation.

"Hopefully there's a contract post-Grand Final, maybe before the Grand Final, but it's been a funny year. I'm going to wait patiently and hopefully there's an offer there in the short-term."

We are honestly blessed to have a bloke like this at our footy club.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Has said on Triple MMM Footy, that he tore his calf just after Vlaustin got knocked out, but had to keep playing.

Amazing effort from him.

Reactions: 10 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The Grand Final Hoult legend took another huge step forward. Bravery is running when your body doesn’t want to.

His coach asked something huge of him, he delivered. As big and brave Jack Graham in 2018.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users