Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

WildStyle

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2020
Not sure what we did to deserve all these champions but we're sure lucky to have them.

Reactions: 1 users

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
If Houli didn't stay on then Geelong would have put all their effort into negating Short and we would have lost a big part of our drive from the backline. Maybe not as painful as Graham's shoulder in the 2019 Prelim, but an amazing and courageous effort to play through the injury.

Reactions: 6 users

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Kudos to Bashar for a gallant game, I thought last night he was having a dirty night but trying hard and after the game I noticed he was limping.

I find out this morning that he was playing injured for the sake of the team.

Great effort Bashar.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Maybe his biggest GF. With flossy out, Broady half-concussed, and to play out the game without a calf. Legend.

Reactions: 4 users

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
Speakes volume of our players imagine 2 down after 10 mins.
Yep makes the win even more amazing. Bachar's bravery to play on was incredible. To lose Flossy and have Bachar playing injured as well as Broady taking a head hit in the first quarter makes our defensive efforts last night even more massive. This team is, in K-mac's words, "unbelievable"

Reactions: 3 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Bachar Houli is a absolute legend. Great player, great leader and by all reports a great bloke.

Give him another year, he's earned it on that effort alone let alone

Reactions: 2 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Has said on Triple MMM Footy, that he tore his calf just after Vlaustin got knocked out, but had to keep playing.

Amazing effort from him.
plays for the team, deserves another year. I think Dimma did indicate that at his press conference.

Reactions: 1 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
My respect for this bloke knows no bounds.

If lists are cut by the AFL, he's a classic example of a 'player-coach' in waiting.

Why not give him a mentoring role next season?

Apart from being measured and articulate, he is the ultimate standard-setter.

These blokes don't grow on trees.

Reactions: 5 users

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra
Courageous to play out the game but probably should have been a very late out before the game. I’m the pregame warm up (right in front of me on the wing) he was having his calf massaged by the trainer. Very lucky this did not backfire on us.