Bachar Houli - بشار حولي, | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bachar Houli - بشار حولي,

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Even an injured Bachar never left anything on the park such was his commitment to the Tiger cause. I wonder if this latest calf issue will be a precursor for him to decide to retire? after all he has nothing else to prove on the field, at the club and as a person

Reactions: 1 users

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
Hate hearing Calf injury in older players, once they start popping they seem to keep popping.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

Mantikorr

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2006
Yep Markov should have played. Not great from Bach if he knew it was iffy before the game.
He did say he'd had the same feeling twice in the last six weeks but it never bothered him before. He would have pulled out if he thought he was injured pre game

Reactions: 7 users

harrybamboo

Tiger Cub
May 26, 2007
London
Champion. Played out the game. Few players make it to the end of the season 100% and no one knows when injury will hit.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We'll never win 4 Premierships with players like Houli in our team

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Just saw on the bottom of my TV that he's saying he's close to another deal. :)

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
There’s 2 Champions of the club who I think should be really well managed next year and that’s Houli and Reiwoldt, the soft tissues are starting to become common for Houli and Jacks starting to show signs of been a pack crashing key forward for over 250 games , all been well I’d like to see them play 2/3s of the season.

Reactions: 3 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Another gift from Konrad Marshall

A remarkable read about a remarkable man. Good on you Konrad Marshall.
How fortunate are RFC (the Club and its followers) and the broader AFL community to have Bachar Houli in its fold!
What a wonderful human being is Bachar and an example to others about integrity and humility, and to living simply and to one's beliefs.
The story about his interactions with the Collingwood cheer squad was unknown to me. It's a huge lesson on dealing with fear of the unknown.
I found the article very moving indeed.
Go Bachar. Your legacy at Richmond will be an enduring one for sure.

PS Will be very much looking forward to reading Waleed Aly's biography on Bachar when it is released shortly.

Reactions: 16 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
How fortunate are RFC (the Club and its followers) and the broader AFL community to have Bachar Houli in its fold!
What a wonderful human being is Bachar and an example to others about integrity and humility, and to living simply and to one's beliefs.
The story about his interactions with the Collingwood cheer squad was unknown to me. It's a huge lesson on dealing with fear of the unknown.

PS Will be very much looking forward to reading Waleed Aly's biography on Bachar when it is released shortly.

Like you @Bullarto Tiger I found it fascinating. .... went to sleep lastnight listening to the podcast version.
(attached )
Also hadn't heard of that stuff v the pies.
There appears to be so many layers at the new Richmond and it only furthers the notion that regardless of how we're painted by certain media types.... with axes to grind.... we're a bloody great organization!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010

That is a fantastic article.I loved Cotchs quote to.What can you say earth needs more Houlis in this world.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
There appears to be so many layers at the new Richmond and it only furthers the notion that regardless of how we're painted by certain media types.... with axes to grind.... we're a bloody great organization!

Spot on, AOC. Good comment.
I guess the different layers is what other clubs are trying to replicate with their own organisations.
And as we've witnessed to date, you can't just buy or implement such organisational changes on a whim.
Takes a lot of really hard work by a lot of individuals and then a huge and committed buy-in from all concerned.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I'm not religious but Bachar is just a wonderful human being - religions all have many different interpretations and he takes what is good from Islam and spreads it around. Those who use Islam to justify violence or who want to take over the world in its name need to listen to the many millions of Muslims who have the same view of Islam as Bachar.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 12 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Like you @Bullarto Tiger I found it fascinating. .... went to sleep lastnight listening to the podcast version.
(attached )
Also hadn't heard of that stuff v the pies.
Thank you aoc. That was great listening & insights into the man, the faith...

Also says a lot about our club.

Last edited: