Back-To-Back-To-Back: 2019-2020-2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Back-To-Back-To-Back: 2019-2020-2021

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Oh Bullarto how many times have you been told don't make outrageous predi....carry on.
TTT not outrageous at all. I called it last year for a 3 PEAT and before the GF. My friends laughed at me.
To prove the point placed the 2 future bets.
1. B2b @ sportsbet gave 6.70
2. B2B2B (3peat) @ sportsbet gave 27/1 (they were nervous)
Not a big punter, but this way I can show & prove it :)

Honestly our team is youthful still and capable. Dusty unbelievable player!!! We are in a sweet spot.
The hate ( & I love it) will grow. Embrace it hahahah its a sign of respect imo

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Arts for Rioli
Aarts just edged out of team at the end of the year.
Great year and he should be proud of his achievement. Hopefully the hunger grows.
Hopefully cements his position in the side next yr

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I'm calling it now ... the mighty Richmond Football Club will win B2B flags in 2020
With the list RFC has there is no reason why the Tigers can't improve on this year's efforts and set an even higher standard for themselves and the competition.
GO TIGERS
Bullarto Tiger, can you change the thread title please, it needs to be.... Back - To Back - To Back :cupgold

Reactions: 1 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
The threepeat is going to be difficult. Keep Hocking away from the VRC handicapper as he's likely to make us give teams a three goal start and reduce us to two on the interchange. Dusty to be tagged by Shane Dye.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
And now the hatred of the RFC :cupgold, and their supporters :banana truly commences...

You know, it means nothing now. Last nights win seemed to remove the last remaining chips we may have had as supporters.

Back to Back. 3 in 4 years. Dynasty. Smashed a Vic team in a Grand Final. Won a tight hard contested Grand Final. Won a Grand Final away from the MCG. Won a Grand Final when we didn't play most of our games at the MCG.

Everything that the salty masses were still clinging onto to downplay what we have achieved was blown completely out of the water last night.

We're simply the best.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 11 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
3 in a row would be delicious.

We moved to Melbourne at the start of 1974. Like most kids from Aussie Rules states (WA in my case, born in Melbourne, moved there age 18 months and back to Melbourne in 1974) we had a VFL team along with our local team (Subiaco). Needless to say my team was Richmond.

Didn't really get to the footy in 1974, not really sure why, but was rapt when we won the 1974 flag. Like the other Richmond fans we were the hated ones who wanted to deny North Melburne their first flag - yeah, suck it up we wanted number 9.

But I distinctly remember going to, I think it was the first game of the year, a Richmond game at the MCG. Might have been my first VFL game. Back in those days teams didn't always have a run through banner. Rarely in away games was there a run through and they were quite small.

To this day I still have the image in my mind of the run through that day, it said: Go Go Go Three in a Row.

Didn't get it back then, lets do it this time.

DS

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
3 in a row would be delicious.

We moved to Melbourne at the start of 1974. Like most kids from Aussie Rules states (WA in my case, born in Melbourne, moved there age 18 months and back to Melbourne in 1974) we had a VFL team along with our local team (Subiaco). Needless to say my team was Richmond.

As a kid my family moved to Perth from Melbourne in about 76, was a great time, we lived in Claremont and I remember dad taking us to Cotto beach after school sometimes, and on weekends of course. Didn't come from a footy family but remember Claremont as the local team and knew they were the Tigers.

Moved back to Melbs in 1981 and luckily one of my new mates at school was a rabid tigers fan, so I started going to the footy with him and the rest is history. Suffered through the 1982 GF in standing room under the Southern Stand - but after the last few years it was all worth it. After the pain comes the joy.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
As a kid my family moved to Perth from Melbourne in about 76, was a great time, we lived in Claremont and I remember dad taking us to Cotto beach after school sometimes, and on weekends of course. Didn't come from a footy family but remember Claremont as the local team and knew they were the Tigers.

Moved back to Melbs in 1981 and luckily one of my new mates at school was a rabid tigers fan, so I started going to the footy with him and the rest is history. Suffered through the 1982 GF in standing room under the Southern Stand - but after the last few years it was all worth it. After the pain comes the joy.

Last Grand Final I went to was 1980, so didn't get to the 1982 Grand Final - still have very bad memories of that Grand Final (was watching on TV). Suffering is an understatement, I suppose we can say we know how Geelong fans feel today after leading at half time and losing.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I think in 2017 and 2019 was both premierships for the players and supporters.

2020, given the circumstances, was the players premiership. And they absolutely deserve it.

Reactions: 6 users

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
If any opposition listened to Dimma in the post match press conference - they would come away very afraid. We are not going away...