Basketball | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Basketball

Jools

Tiger Champion
Sep 25, 2004
Hoppers Crossing
Just wanted to congratulate the Opals on their semi final win over Brazil, 88-76 in the World Basketball Championships. :clap :clap :clap :clap They now play off for the gold medal against either the US or Russia.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/Neversaydie-Opals-stun-Brazil-in-semis/2006/09/22/1158431867849.html

Jools

Tiger Champion
Sep 25, 2004
Hoppers Crossing
Russia beat the USA, so the final is the Opals v Russia. Must be the first time for a long time that the US has missed the final in just about any tournament.

Lidsand

Chimp Mail - Delivering Since 2007
Oct 12, 2005
Melbourne
Jools said:
Russia beat the USA, so the final is the Opals v Russia. Must be the first time for a long time that the US has missed the final in just about any tournament.

team USA missed the final in the mens worlds last month too.

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
Congratulations to the Opals beating Russia :cupgold

A great game, especially by Penny Taylor and some girl called Jackson :clap

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Tiggytam said:
Congratulations to the Opals beating Russia  :cupgold 

Thanks for the informative post Tiggy. I was trying to work out whether all the gold cups and comments were because the Opals made the grand final or if it had been played and won. Now I know.

Onya Opals. :clap

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Fantastic effort girls well done you have climbed the Everist of basketball :clap :clap :clap :clap

Shame not more been made of it, especially when it is put behind the Aussies playing the equivalent of Crickets wiz fizz cup getting top billing.

This was a World Championship regardless of the sport its big news, and even bigger considering its a game we habve never been the dominant force.

Congratulations girls we are proud and well done.

Hopefully the girls will get more exposure and reward for their fantastic efforts. :clap :clap :clap

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Is Ben Simmons getting much media attention back in Oz? Being touted in parts that he’ll be Australia’s best ever.

Made a pretty decent debut.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Simmons gets a triple double in his fourth game.

Took James a season and a half.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Midsy said:
Simmons gets a triple double in his fourth game.

Took Bryant a season and a half.

Wow, what a talent.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/ben-simmons-nabs-tripledouble-in-76ers-win-20171024-gz6zoc.html

One of Simmons' mentors, LeBron James, didn't achieve his first triple double until midway into his second NBA season but Simmons has been threatening to do so since the season started.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Simmons gets another triple double. Unbelievable.

Now averaging 18 points, 9.7 rebounds, and 8.2 assists per game - almost averaging a triple double.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Mr Brightside said:
LeBron is like Dusty playing for Carlton

Yep even a 42 point triple double can not stop the mighty Celtics! Missing their two best players and they keep getting written off but they keep on winning.

2-0 lead now :clap