Beams & Bookies

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012
Rumour going around that Beams amassed a large gambling debt up north ($1.5m), and was bailed out by a wealthy benefactor... Let's call him E. McGuire. No, too obvious... let's call him Eddie M. This apparently played a large part in Beams' defection back to the Pies. Escanadalo!

This is entirely based on a text message though so could be complete BS like so many others turn out to be.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Stylo said:
Rumour going around that Beams amassed a large gambling debt up north ($1.5m), and was bailed out by a wealthy benefactor... Let's call him E. McGuire. No, too obvious... let's call him Eddie M. This apparently played a large part in Beams' defection back to the Pies. Escanadalo!

This is entirely based on a text message though so could be complete BS like so many others turn out to be.
Hmmm I wonder if that's been included in their salary cap

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
Stylo said:

Anything to break the Scum, expose this rumour every where!!

Wildride

Tiger Superstar
Sep 6, 2006
Brisbane
Interesting then that the whispers section in the Hun intimated that a player with gambling debts had a posse of bikies turn up at this player's club training recently...

E

easy_tiger

Surely not?

Little overpaid Gold Coast hood can't punt?

Tigers of Old

Twitter: @Tigers_of_Old
Jul 26, 2004
mrposhman said:
Hmmm I wonder if that's been included in their salary cap
This is a very valid question to ask. Hope the AFL is investigating this rumour to see if there's any basis to it.

tigerlee

Tiger Champion
Sep 24, 2005
Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
This is a very valid question to ask. Hope the AFL is investigating this rumour to see if there's any basis to it.
They would hide it even if there was something in it. They are as corrupt as Eddie.

aoc1974

Tiger Rookie
Mar 1, 2015
Hmmmmm
The
Plot
Thickens

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/collingwood-star-dayne-beams-to-go-under-knife-season-in-doubt/news-story/4c9c14e30c49fd13087b12b57c5659c8

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
aoc1974 said:
Hmmmmm
The
Plot
Thickens

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/collingwood-star-dayne-beams-to-go-under-knife-season-in-doubt/news-story/4c9c14e30c49fd13087b12b57c5659c8
how convenient

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They gave away 2 first rounders for a bloke with bad hips.
Current draft position, first pick at pick 34
Not sure I would class that good list management. They already have Wells, now Beams can join him

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
zippadeee said:
They gave away 2 first rounders for a bloke with bad hips.
Current draft position, first pick at pick 34
Not sure I would class that good list management. They already have Wells, now Beams can join him
yet still the best team in it for mine

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Ian4 said:
yet still the best team in it for mine
They aren't playing better then last year.
Beams was always going to cause them issues. It hasnt reached the half way of the season and already the injuries are mounting up. Adams was to return last week and now is out for another 3, Degoey still having issues with his legs.
If they loose Grundy they will tumble out of the 8.

Turbo

Tiger Cub
Jan 3, 2019
zippadeee said:
Beams was always going to cause them issues. It hasnt reached the half way of the season and already the injuries are mounting up. Adams was to return last week and now is out for another 3, Degoey still having issues with his legs.
start praying zipper

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
zippadeee said:
yeah nah.