Beams & Bookies

zgod

Tiger Champion
Feb 25, 2008
Run the risk of being stomped on but if he is a junkie he is scum yet laying down his wages on the punt that means he is troubled.
He has had a rough trot but he is also a grown man, not a child.

Reactions: 1 user

artball

Tiger Superstar
Jul 30, 2013
Run the risk of being stomped on but if he is a junkie he is scum yet laying down his wages on the punt that means he is troubled.
i'm with ya to a point Z. addiction and mental issues go hand in hand. be that with dope, food, booze, work, gambling .. all of it.
the inability to self-regulate means you say NO and seek help ..

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
So because the brain is physical mental health is comparable to physical health?
Yes

I beleive we are an aggregate of meat and bone driven by chemicals.

If you beleive in spirits and souls and that, then youlle have a different understanding to mine about mental illness

Which is fine

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Bennnny

Punt Road End. The best place to watch The Tiges.
Mar 29, 2005
Melbourne
www.indieinitiative.com
Some appalling comments on this. Mental issues can take years to appear, or they can just hit. Sometimes it can be diet exacerbating issues. It can be a a chemical imbalance. It can be cognitive. Michael Hutchence got hit, fell down, hit is head, lost his sense of smell and taste, and this depressed him.
I lost a brother. I had no idea he was suffering, but his friends did and didn't say anything to my parents.
We have probably all lost friends due to mental illness. We try to help them, but we can't or they won't help themselves.
We have probably all felt depressed, then felt better, gone out, only to discover we need more time.
Money or celebrity doesn't make it easier.
How would you deal with everybody wanting a piece of you?
I've seen enough of people becoming famous and trying to be themselves. Not easy and not everybody can deal with it.
So if you don't feel great, tell people, don't get swallowed up.
How deep a pit do you want to dig for somebody.

Reactions: 10 users

Jason King

Tiger Legend
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Yep, the ordinary Joe punting and taking food out of his kids mouths to pay for it is still a scumbag tho.....

The AFL created the climate for this and Collingwood help foster it... repeatedly. Aussies are a strange bunch when it comes to the betting culture and as much as its an "addiction", its as much culture.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
jeez, I punt and have heaps of kids with, if im being honest, pretty rough footwear.

It's never occurred to me that people would judge me as a scumbag.

the kids do get to stay 5 star in Richmond and take large wads of cash to Luna Park, eat rib fillet for a fortnight when the tigers win premierships though.

does that de-scumbag me?

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I think people are right to question the difference between depression and being depressed because you've lost a **** load on the punt.

Reactions: 1 users

Jason King

Tiger Legend
Jul 19, 2007
jeez, I punt and have heaps of kids with, if im being honest, pretty rough footwear.

It's never occurred to me that people would judge me as a scumbag.

the kids do get to stay 5 star in Richmond and take large wads of cash to Luna Park, eat rib fillet for a fortnight when the tigers win premierships though.

does that de-scumbag me?
I was just simply saying that if you are a regular joe, people are less likely to cut you any slack.

Jason King

Tiger Legend
Jul 19, 2007
Thanks for sharing. Absolute disgrace.

I have just lodged a formal complaint on the AFL website under the Safeguarding Children and Young People. Says I will hear back from them in the next 24 hours.

Encourage others to do the same

I did too and I answered a survey that popped up amusingly after I grabbed that screenshot.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigers of Old

Twitter: @Tigers_of_Old
Jul 26, 2004
Looks to me like they're taking note of the complaints in the wake of the Stephenson suspension.
Much less gambling advertising on the AFL site than there was a couple of weeks ago..