• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Beams & Bookies

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Might be a neccessity.

We've just freed up ours to an extent with Ellis and Rance going, and Houli likley to retire after next season also.

Hopefully he stays at least another 18 months to keep them hamstrung.
Beams wont leave money behind if he is as they say in debt due to gambling

Rance didnt worry about the money and doesnt need it and happy to leave it behind

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Any link between the title of this rumour and his decision to sell his premiership medal (albeit as reported to raise funds for bushfire victims)?

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Any link between the title of this rumour and his decision to sell his premiership medal (albeit as reported to raise funds for bushfire victims)?
So is he donating his very valuable premiership medal for charity auction because he has massive gambling debts?

I'm going to speculate and say no connection. o_O

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Eddie has stepped in and won Beams premiership medal on the auction.

King Kong

Tiger Superstar
Aug 26, 2016
That should be included in the Scum salary cap - its a related party transaction

King Kong

Tiger Superstar
Aug 26, 2016
I checked the odds on the multi that the medal ends up back with Beams and not one cent goes to the Bushfire appeal - $1.01

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I think he is keeping a percentage of it. He was on sen yesterday
What? Of the money? So how is that a donation then? Or the medal? He chipped a bit off? :(
Initially thought it was an admirable, unselfish act. Now, just a bit puzzled - with McChins getting involved. Isn't he already paying Beams as it is?

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I think he is keeping a percentage of it. He was on sen yesterday
Maybe that's why he was selling it to private bidders on his own google faceless thingy site, unlike Warney who auctioned off his hat through a proper auction house.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Huge Beams rumours again.

Talk of sacking coming.
I bet it won't be presented to the football world as a 'sacking' though. No, an honourable retirement with a sneaky, generous payout on the side.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Collingwood still have to pay him out in full.
Unless it’s for misconduct.
Interesting implications for their cap.
If they've got to pay him out three years worth of contract, does that all come in a one year lump n go over the cap or do they dribble him along for the three years n hamstring their cap? Bet Eddie would be butt humping Gilligan to manufacture a special get out clause.