• If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.

Beams & Bookies

tigerman

Nank should grow a mullet.
Mar 17, 2003
Interesting implications for their cap.
If they've got to pay him out three years worth of contract, does that all come in a one year lump n go over the cap or do they dribble him along for the three years n hamstring their cap? Bet Eddie would be butt humping Gilligan to manufacture a special get out clause.
I won't be surprised if Eddie uses some loophole, that only he and Gil know about.

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
Interesting implications for their cap.
If they've got to pay him out three years worth of contract, does that all come in a one year lump n go over the cap or do they dribble him along for the three years n hamstring their cap? Bet Eddie would be butt humping Gilligan to manufacture a special get out clause.
They don't have to pay out three years.

It's the same scenario as us with Yarran. Any player and club (except maybe Buddy) can mutually agree to change a contract at any time. Whatever payment they negotiate will be in this year's cap.

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
They don't have to pay out three years.

It's the same scenario as us with Yarran. Any player and club (except maybe Buddy) can mutually agree to change a contract at any time. Whatever payment they negotiate will be in this year's cap.
Isn't it that any player who moves or stays as a restricted free agent, the monies offered have to be included in the salary cap for the length of the contract regardless of whether they play out those years?
Buddy as you've said and Tom Lynch for us ...... is that correct, or am I on the wrong tram?

Obviously Beams didn’t come back as a free agent so as you say they can negotiate it out as per Rance.
They must be having a chuckle up in Brisbane!

Reactions: 1 user

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I thought Buddy was the only one it applied to, the AFL smelled a rat with the length of deal and made a condition, but it may be all free agents.

Regardless, I think Beams was a trade wasn't he, therefore they are definitely free to renegotiate.

The_General

Brain washing the kids, one stuffed toy at a time
May 4, 2004
I've heard that before the crash Jimmy was quite sick. He's lost a lot of weight.
So much so it looks like his fingers are a lot lighter.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Hearld sun
"Beams dilemma: Tough call to come on pies star"

**Despite having 3 years left, Collingwood will need to work towards reaching a settlement in relation to a estimated $1.5 mill remaining on his contract.

They would have to pay him out fully if he doesn't want to retire.

Brisbane have bent them over.
2 first rounders plus a 2nd rounder.

• Haha

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Poor Dayne Beams, his “car accident” doesn’t bode well for longevity on earth. The guy must be so tortured, hopefully he can find some peace away from AFL.

Reactions: 3 users
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Might be reading too much into it, but divesting oneself of material possessions (e.g. a premiership medal) can be a sign that all is not well. Reckon he'll want it back one day.