Beams & Bookies | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Beams & Bookies

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
They seem to have a habit of doing stupid things at collingwood.

Drugs.

Game betting

Drink driving

Enough instances to suggest it is not an outlier.

alexwern

Tiger Rookie
Aug 9, 2009
The Big Richo said:
Really surprised at this news.

From a distance Stephenson seems like an intelligent young man and the rules around gambling are drummed into players over and over again.

To risk your career for a insignificant wager like that just makes no sense.
You must looking from a longer distance than me. Intelligent is not a word that comes to mind when I look at him.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
The Big Richo said:
From a distance Stephenson seems like an intelligent young man and the rules around gambling are drummed into players over and over again.
He was probably just distracted, checking his punting account or tinder messages when the instructors got to the boring instructing n drumming part of the meeting. Somebody should have just messaged him the rules on Twit or Faceless, then he might have " liked " them.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
alexwern said:
Intelligent is not a word that comes to mind when I look at him.
What kind of doofus self-reports after having a bet? That's some addiction he's contracted from the AFL's sponsors.

"Self-reported' my arse. That'll be used to give him a lesser suspension. Just more contrived bullsh!t from Disney Productions.

rensman

interpreter to the stars...
May 6, 2004
North Eastern Victoria
Does this put his alleged heart condition pre draft in doubt. ?? Clearly a low character man. Perfect for Collingwood. Draft tampering is not much of a stretch from betting on yourself illegally??

Tigermad2005

Tiger Legend
Aug 18, 2004
Ballarat
Can see it now we need to give our players more education.
No ban the player for life. They are told from under 18 you can not bet on football it’s not that hard.

E

easy_tiger

rensman said:
Does this put his alleged heart condition pre draft in doubt. ?? Clearly a low character man. Perfect for Collingwood. Draft tampering is not much of a stretch from betting on yourself illegally??
low character man is not clear too me at all.

IF he had a grand on the opposition and kicked 0.5, his character would be pretty besmirched,

but If he's had 20 bucks on the pies to win, he's just a silly kid.

EDIT: sounds like he had 50 bucks on a Collingwood mids possession tally, which kind of makes him a really silly kid on my spectrum. Should be at least 6 weeks but he will certainly get 5, so he's right to play against us?

Back on the prodigal son,

I heard it alleged from a good source he's still on the punt in a large way, and he's not too good at discriminating fast horses from slow, and he did leave Brisbane in the boot of Eddies car with the bookies smiling and waving him off.

doesnt sound like it will end well

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
easy said:
low character man is not clear too me at all.

IF he had a grand on the opposition and kicked 0.5, his character would be pretty besmirched,

but If he's had 20 bucks on the pies to win, he's just a silly kid.

EDIT: sounds like he had 50 bucks on a Collingwood mids possession tally, which kind of makes him a really silly kid on my spectrum. Should be at least 6 weeks but he will certainly get 5, so he's right to play against us?

Back on the prodigal son,

I heard it alleged from a good source he's still on the punt in a large way, and he's not too good at discriminating fast horses from slow, and he did leave Brisbane in the boot of Eddies car with the bookies smiling and waving him off.

doesnt sound like it will end well
agree. very stupid, but not quite a hang-able offence.

E

easy_tiger

They didnt take Stephenson to write a thesis on Dostoyevsky

The kid is a very dynamic footballer who I enjoy watching play when its not against Richmond.

A solid kick in the arse and his reputation intact is sufficient for a kids blue.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

Nank should grow a mullet.
Mar 17, 2003
So it's being rumoured that Stephenson is alleged to have said to a mate, can you use MY account and have a bet on ......................... in the game that i'm playing in, yeah, i can believe that :rofl