Beau Dowler | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Beau Dowler

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Beau Dowler
191cms, 80kg in 2004
Oakleigh Chargers.
Noble Park

There has been some speculation about Beau Dowler that had he been old enough to nominate for the 2004 draft that he would have been taken before both Roughead & Franklin.

Yes, Beau has had an opportunity to be a part of the AIS and did get to train with the Metro-Vic squad. To rate his performances last year better than both Franklin & Roughead, well , the person who posted that is negative 188 on the karma scale, enough said.

But don't write off Beau for 2005.
He is a talented youngster.
His performances in rounds 4-7 last year did show a fair bit. Unfortunately he struggled with the rest of the season, except for round 15 when he had a very good game at FF.
FF seems to be his position at this stage. He is good on a lead.

For those who did watch the TAC last year, you would know that Oakleigh had a very strong midfield. Rimington who is playing for Coburg this year was a central player of this midfield, along with Marc Murphy, Bain, Sharp and others. So the ball was coming down very often. One of the criticisms of the Oakleigh side was their forwards like Bonaddio, Sowersby, and to a lesser extent Dowler, failed to make the most of these opportunities, especially against top sides such as Calder & Eastern.

I will be looking out for how Beau performs this year. Hopefully he can grow a bit taller and stronger.

Like all junior footballers, I wish him the very best in the TAC in season 2005.

Skills

Tiger Champion
Apr 19, 2004
Inner City
Phantom said:
Beau Dowler
191cms, 80kg in 2004
Oakleigh Chargers.
Noble Park

There has been some speculation about Beau Dowler that had he been old enough to nominate for the 2004 draft that he would have been taken before both Roughead & Franklin.

Yes, Beau has had an opportunity to be a part of the AIS and did get to train with the Metro-Vic squad. To rate his performances last year better than both Franklin & Roughead, well , the person who posted that is negative 188 on the karma scale, enough said.

His performances in rounds 4-7 last year did show a fair bit. Unfortunately he struggled with the rest of the season, except for round 15 when he had a very good game at FF.

For those who did watch the TAC last year, you would know that Oakleigh had a very strong midfield. Rimington who is playing for Coburg this year was a central player of this midfield, along with Marc Murphy, Bain, Sharp and others. So the ball was coming down very often. One of the criticisms of the Oakleigh side was their forwards like Bonaddio, Sowersby, and to a lesser extent Dowler, failed to make the most of these opportunities, especially against top sides such as Calder & Eastern.

I will be looking out for how Beau performs this year. Hopefully he can grow a bit taller and stronger.

Like all junior footballers, I wish him the very best in the TAC in season 2005.

What do you know about Jack Hawkins (ex. Geelong) son? I've heard this kid can play.

tigeress

i am woman hear me roar!
Jul 24, 2004
tigerland
Phantom said:
Beau Dowler
191cms, 80kg in 2004
Oakleigh Chargers.
Noble Park

so you think the info you got told was from someone with a negative karma that it is false jeez you needa get out more

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
tigeress said:
so you think the info you got told was from someone with a negative karma that it is false jeez you needa get out more

No, not the negative karma, just the substance of what that person had to say.