Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged]

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Re: Been to a good gig lately?

jb03 said:
Redford said:
jb03 said:
Redford said:
Doolz85 said:
casey donovan is coming into the starlight express room where i work next week. should i be expecting to see u there???

Bear will be there. He loves her.

(You just be sure to have plenty of cakes and chocolate on hand in that Starship Excess Room for Donutvan CrownDoolz85. She's a big girl and she requires plenty of fuel to sing all those looooong wailing notes in all those syrupy songs of hers. Oh, and make sure there's plenty of towells on hand too. That girl works up a LOT of sweat....) 

Casey Donavan, how do you say it:  she rocks.

Only bettered by Kayne Taylor or Random

Gee, I dunno. Hanson go ok as well.

MMMBop, ba duba dop ba do bop, Ba duba

dop ba do bop, Ba duba dop ba do. Oh yeah, MMMBop ba duba dop ba do bop, ...

Now you're just taking the p!ss on what I thought was a serious discussion as to the quality of live music in Melbourne.  Those aren't even the lyrics to MMMBop.  You have far too many "ba's" and "dop's".

Do Hanson play live do they ? Geez, that would be awesome ! Have you ever heard them live ? Are they good ? Did they play mmm bop ? I had heard that they sometimes played shopping malls, but I just thought it was a rumour.

If they tour I'll definitely be getting a ticket (that's if they don't all sell out like U2 did). I hope they play somehwere big like the MCG. Awesome !! 

MMMBop, ba duba dop ba do bop, Ba duba

dop ba do bop, Ba duba dop ba do. Oh yeah, MMMBop ba duba dop ba do bop, ...

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

Sorry to be the one to have to break this to ya Red........................

http://www.fansfromoz.com/concert.html

:hihi  :hihi

maybe next Drofder.....Ha Ha

paper tiger

Play On!
Jul 6, 2004

jb03 said:
Whatever happened to the Swagman?  Hasn't been a good gig in Melbourne since it burnt down.

It turned into a really crap nightclub called Stylus which was shut down after one of the patrons threw a brick at a passing car.
Ferntree Gully = Knuckle Dragging County.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002

paper tiger said:
jb03 said:
Whatever happened to the Swagman? Hasn't been a good gig in Melbourne since it burnt down.

It turned into a really crap nightclub called Stylus which was shut down after one of the patrons threw a brick at a passing car.

Hey! You take that back!
The knuckle draggers live in Kilsyth Bayswater and Boronia... FTG is just guilt by association. :mad:

paper tiger

Play On!
Jul 6, 2004

Tigerdog said:
paper tiger said:
jb03 said:
Whatever happened to the Swagman?  Hasn't been a good gig in Melbourne since it burnt down.

Hey! You take that back!
The knuckle draggers live in Kilsyth Bayswater and Boronia... FTG is just guilt by association.  :mad:

Sorry TD - I actually wrote that in the hope I'd get a bite - worked like a charm. ;) :rofl
I grew up in FTG and have nothing against it.
It's Boronia I have real issues with - don't leave your car unattended is the only advice I'd give!

julie

Tiger Rookie
Aug 6, 2005

Going too see The John Butler Trio this Friday night cant wait........

Jexy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2005

Got back from the Folk, Rhythm and Life festival late on Sunday night. A great weekend overall. It rained on us when we were setting up our tents on the Friday afternoon, but cleared up after that. A great variety of bands played, and a great amount of Guiness was consumed.

Honorable mentions go to The Get Down Gang (my mate's brother's band), Sophie Koh, Symbiosis, Pablo Discobar, Buttered Loaf and Jeff Lang.

Anyone who likes camping and good Aussie music should definately check it out next year.

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005

Yeah we have 4 tickets left of stage, ordered them first morning

Kids weren't old enough to go in the "idiot zone"

But we are just as close

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003

TC, Julie and Jexy, I'm very jealous of all of you. We don't get many good bands coming through this way. I'm a big fan of both Green Day and TJBT.

Very happy to see Wolfmother win the J Award for best album of the year. They thouroughly deserved it IMO. For anyone who's interested their live at the wireless set will be on the ABC this Saturday night.

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005

Saw Green Day on Top of the Pops whilst in UK recently Disco

They did the whole of " Jesus of Suburbia"

It was the longest set in TOTP history, they were ace

They were great at live 8 too

The kids have been singing Minority since they were really little

Hope they play some old tunes that would be such a buzz

Although American Idiot is their favourite album

I think that at least my parenting skills have won out with footy and music

They all rock to Green Day and the Tigers

julie

Tiger Rookie
Aug 6, 2005

Disco i do own the Wolfmother c.d and think they are great.
Recently went and seen Magic Dirt at the corner have been a fan for year's loud and fast, truely one off Aust great live bands, anyway support act was a local act of lad's Airbourne in there 20's omg blew me away if the lead singer was'nt Bon Scott son i'd be suprised if you can catch these guy's please do....... :eek:

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003

TC, you should make a parenting dvd, you couldn't have done any more!

A couple of young fellas that work for me are going to see GD (It's on the weekend of the 17th right?), or at least one of them will be. The other one had his kneecap dislocated in the mosh pit at Homebake while Die Die Die were playing on the weekend. Ow.

julie, thanks for the tip. I hadn't heard of them but after the whole Wolfmother/Sabbath/Zepp experience I'd love to hear another young band with a singer who sounds like an old school hero :). I just had a look to see if they were playing at the ANU anytime soon. Sadly they're not (I'll keep checking) but I did notice the TJBT are coming here later this month and also UB40 in February :clap. I saw UB40 in Brisbane probably 12 or more years ago. Great show with so many guys on stage and alot of home made cigarettes getting passed around. I also might have to check out local band Johnny and the Trannies later this month too.

Crystal

Tiger Champion
May 5, 2005
Sydney

UB40 will be an awesome gig Disco. I'm hoping to see them too (can't wait). ;D

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005

Yeah the 17th at Telstra Dome

We only have 1 adult ticket and were going to draw straws as to who went

Unfortunately the strobes set off Topaz's migraines

So I will have to do the right thing and go myself

Can't wait to yell " Down with the moral majority "

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg

as i said earlier julie, airbourne are one of the best live bands ive seen in a longtime. my ears stopped ringing today(tuesday) and i saw them on saturday

TigerGoneNorth

It all starts with One's defence.
Feb 6, 2005
London

TC said:
Yeah the 17th at Telstra Dome

We only have 1 adult ticket and were going to draw straws as to who went

Unfortunately the strobes set off Topaz's migraines

So I will have to do the right thing and go myself

Can't wait to yell " Down with the moral majority "

Don't wait TC, yell it now!!