Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged]

Otis

Voodoo Child
Dec 24, 2004
Melbourne
Re: Been to a good gig lately?

Otis said:
only good thing about MTV is when they do those Beavis and Butthead marathons... although it has been a while since they've done this :mad:

"he-he-m-he..heh..... RRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAR! MY BUNGHOLE WILL SPEAK NOW!... that was pretty cool hm-hm-he"

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005

Hey TGN, just talked to Gabi's teacher, he went to both Green Day and Foo Fighters

Although both were excellent, he would tip the scales of betternessness to Mr Grohl :clap :clap

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003

It's hard to say one's better than the other when they're so different in sound and style I reckon.

I'm off to see John Butler and his trio tomorrow. Looking forward to standing near the stage gobsmacked as usual immensely.

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005

Yeah, I think he leans towards the Foo Fighters anyway

He often has it playing in class :clap

This was my daughter's favourite year too

Thanks Tim :clap

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg

im spwein, i was gonna go and see the fireballs and airbourne play tonite at the prince of wales, but its SOLD OUT :(

Otis

Voodoo Child
Dec 24, 2004
Melbourne

Doolz85 said:
im spwein, i was gonna go and see the fireballs and airbourne play tonite at the prince of wales, but its SOLD OUT :(

oh yea damn i forgot it was friday night :(
i'm not going to see Airbourne at the espy on NYE anymore doolz, going elsewhere now. i wanna see them ASAP though, great band.

TigerGoneNorth

It all starts with One's defence.
Feb 6, 2005
London

TC said:
Hey TGN, just talked to Gabi's teacher, he went to both Green Day and Foo Fighters

Although both were excellent, he would tip the scales of betternessness to Mr Grohl :clap :clap

I wish I hadn't missed Green Day so I could make the comparison. :mad:

Dave Gilmour just announced a series of concerts in May at the Royal Albert. I'll be right on the phones this morning to try and score some tix. He's one of my all time fav guitarists.

TigerGoneNorth

Feb 6, 2005
London

I'm not yet! I got on 5 minutes after they went on sale and the only seats there were right up the back at the top of the Hall (and that is a long way away). I'm going to try and find some better ones.

Hey I took my daughter to see the Black Eyed Peas last week. They were surprisingly good (well a surprise to me anyway). They put on a great show with some unexpected highlights like Fergie doing one armed cartwheels across the stage while still singing (and singing well!). The version of Shut Up they did was pretty cool too, really edgey.

Not quite Green Day of the Foos but vive le difference!

the golden

former hawk cheersquad feral : D
Nov 20, 2004
in the gold
s6.invisionfree.com

went to billy connolly last night it was a total scream loved every second of it :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne

I'm off to see him on the 2nd of Feb Golden, so glad to hear he is in good form, can't wait ;D

the golden

former hawk cheersquad feral : D
Nov 20, 2004
in the gold
s6.invisionfree.com

Tiggytam said:
I'm in Melbourne
make sure you go to back stage door at the end he should be good enough to do photo's and autographs and if you are luck and female you just might get a kiss , no mobiles on during performance other wise he may not be happy and no cameras either thou a couple got away with it but it is a no no

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne

Thanks Golden but I am past hanging around back stage doors, well actually never really been my thing.

I cannot believe that people are still too thick to realise that a show is no place for a mobile phone. A couple of years ago I went to a play starring Pete Postlethwaite (one man play) and 3 mobiles went off. You would think that after the first one people would check to see if their's was turned off but no, you would think that after the second one went off people would check to see if their's was turned off but no, well when the third one went off to say that the majority of the audience was not happy is an understatement. Absolute Cretins!!

Crystal

Tiger Champion
May 5, 2005
Sydney

I know I've mentioned this a couple of times, but you MUST see Bodacious Cowboys when they next play in Melbourne. Tonight at the Basement they were smokin'!!! Tickets sold out in a few hours apparently. I've never seen the Basement so packed (apart from my own gig of course!! LOL!!!). Wicked horns, 4 fabulous vocalists, 2 insane guitarists, the rhythm section seriously tear up the stage.....all Steely Dan covers and they completely bought the house down tonight. Sen *smile* sational!!! WhooooooHooooo!!!!

TigerGoneNorth

Feb 6, 2005
London

I've seen them a few times too and I can confirm they are hot. The guitar solo at the end of Kid Charlemagne is worth going for by itself.

Crystal

Tiger Champion
May 5, 2005
Sydney

TigerGoneNorth said:
I've seen them a few times too and I can confirm they are hot. The guitar solo at the end of Kid Charlemagne is worth going for by itself.

That guitar solo is totally insane hey TGN?! Last night it went about 10 minutes!! LOL!! Rex Goh played it last night and carved up that solo with blinding flair. He's a genius! They all are!! They were so tight. The place was going nuts!! And I've lost my voice!! LOL!! :hihi