Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged]

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
23.21.159 said:
Not sure I'd call "Because The Night" a cover ... he wrote it. And it's appeared on some of his live and Greatest Hist releases I think.

I'd call it a cover, just. Co wrote with Patty Smith for her album. She sang it first and released it first. But its a fair point.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Tigers of Old said:
Angus Young apparently hit the stage with G&R in Sydney.
Please let it happen next Tuesday.. :guitar

I live about 3km from ANZ stadium in Brisbane. Heard the whole show, sounded pretty good.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Saw Green Day at the O2 in London during the week. Their recent music is just so so, but they still know how to put on a show.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
tigersnake said:
I'd call it a cover, just. Co wrote with Patty Smith for her album. She sang it first and released it first. But its a fair point.

Yeah definitely a cover. Thought it was close to the highlight of the concert too.

Midsy said:
Saw Green Day at the O2 in London during the week. Their recent music is just so so, but they still know how to put on a show.
Cool Midsy. Might catch them in Melbourne then.

mk33

Tiger Champion
Jul 24, 2005
Caulfield
Saw Bruce Thursday week ago, like others thought he was great, 3 hours 29 songs, just great songs all night.
Happy for the night I went as he played The River (ONE OF MY FAVS) which he didn't on Saturday Night show.

Thought of going to Gunners but went to Bruce instead as was afraid of trainwreck with them. Reports so far have being good so I think will regret it. The Good wife is going.

On a different note did see Kazoo at Flemington which was good and have Book of Mormons coming up.

Platinum member

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 30, 2015
Reservoir
mk33 said:
Saw Bruce Thursday week ago, like others thought he was great, 3 hours 29 songs, just great songs all night.
Happy for the night I went as he played The River (ONE OF MY FAVS) which he didn't on Saturday Night show.

Thought of going to Gunners but went to Bruce instead as was afraid of trainwreck with them. Reports so far have being good so I think will regret it. The Good wife is going.

On a different note did see Kazoo at Flemington which was good and have Book of Mormons coming up.
Book of Mormon is brilliant... believe the hype..

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
mk33 said:

Axl's getting on but still sounds good with the high pitch voice. Did well with ACDC recently.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Thought it was great, more enjoyable than the Boss. A few too many covers and long guitar solos for mine.

And we get dudded for the number of songs compared to all the other shows on the tour due to the late start.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
As much as I would've loved to have seen GnR I'm not paying to sit 3 miles away and end up watching a spec on the stage or end up watching the giant screen. Unless of course I pay a ludicrous amount to sit somewhere remotely in vision of the performer.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
I had low expectations but after an iffy start I thought G&R absolutely smashed it.
Axl's voice superb as was Slash & co.
So glad I went. Great gig. :thumbsup

"Hello Sydney" :hihi