Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged]

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
John Watson started playing the drums with James Reyne late on with Australian Crawl. He's been with him ever since.

Brett Kingman, the lead guitarist, has been with him for nearly 15 years. His wife often sings backing vocals with them.

Reyne has had various rhythm guitarists and bassists over the years, recently Phil Ceberano, Kate's brother.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Midsy said:
Brett Kingman, the lead guitarist, has been with him for nearly 15 years. His wife often sings backing vocals with them.
I know her cousin Midsy, talented family, there's a great acoustic version of Oh No not you again with her singing, I think it was on Max, definatly on YouTube

Azza

Tiger Champion
Aug 30, 2007
Placebo concert coming up early September. Got my wife and me tickets for her birthday 8-

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
Midnight Oil at Hanging Rock.
Still very tight musically & at 64 years young Peter Garrett looked right at home.
John Butler good too in support.

Ha how good was it. Had awesome A2 seats last night but not so lucky tomorrow night at the SMMB - saddling up again in General Admission lawn.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
Midnight Oil at Hanging Rock.
Still very tight musically & at 64 years young Peter Garrett looked right at home.
John Butler good too in support.
Does he still shimmy?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
jb03 said:
Ha how good was it. Had awesome A2 seats last night but not so lucky tomorrow night at the SMMB - saddling up again in General Admission lawn.
Yep, heading in to see the Oils. First saw them there for FREE in ‘83 Stop the Drop concert.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Midnight Oil last night. They sounded so good. Forgotten Years brought back some good September memories!

Unfortunately the show was cut short when Jimbo slipped and did a hammy. The Power and the Passion: well at least I got that with the Tiger Army.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Midnight Oil last night. They sounded so good. Forgotten Years brought back some good September memories!

Unfortunately the show was cut short when Jimbo slipped and did a hammy. The Power and the Passion: well at least I got that with the Tiger Army.
Forgotten Years one of my top favourites from the Oils. I suppose they still don't play When the Generals Talk and/or US Forces?

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
TigerForce said:
Forgotten Years one of my top favourites from the Oils. I suppose they still don't play When the Generals Talk and/or US Forces?

They play US FOrces especially and Generals at pretty much every gig on this tour

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Oils were great in Brisbane a couple of weeks ago jb. Just got home from Paul Kelly and Steve earle support. It was great big fan or both and didn't disappoint.. Had VIP tickets and mingled after, really wanted a photo with Steve earle but was too starstruck and shy.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
tigersnake said:
Oils were great in Brisbane a couple of weeks ago jb. Just got home from Paul Kelly and Steve earle support. It was great big fan or both and didn't disappoint.. Had VIP tickets and mingled after, really wanted a photo with Steve earle but was too starstruck and shy.
How’s Steve Earles voice now days ? Saw a clip of him doing Devils right hand a few years ago and how when he wrote the song he was very pro gun laws and now his the total opposite.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
chaz said:
Alice Cooper at Rod Laver Arena, nothing short of brilliant.
I saw him there a couple of years ago, supporting Motley Crüe. Should have been the other way around, he blew them out of the water.

Saw the Oils last night at the Domain in Sydney, second time I've seen them this tour. Brilliant.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
spook said:
I saw him there a couple of years ago, supporting Motley Crüe. Should have been the other way around, he blew them out of the water.

Saw the Oils last night at the Domain in Sydney, second time I've seen them this tour. Brilliant.

Good work Spook. I am heading to SMMB for my show number #3 on Wednesday. All shows outstanding IMO, though i might be a bit biased.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
CC TIGER said:
How’s Steve Earles voice now days ? Saw a clip of him doing Devils right hand a few years ago and how when he wrote the song he was very pro gun laws and now his the total opposite.

Sounded great CC. He came out and sang Handle with Care with PK 's band as dedication to Tom Petty and Roy orbison. His solo set was great too.