Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged]

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Mr Brightside said:
Luckily I’ve already got tickets for Metallica in October at Marvel, however trying to get a ticket for a mate today in the general public , I think good old Ticketmaster has crashed again, 29 minutes I’ve been on the I’m not a robot section , there system is some kind of joke.

I got in on Friday within 30 seconds of the pre-sale going on sale and still ended up in the bleachers. Buggered if i know how it works.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
jb03 said:
I got in on Friday within 30 seconds of the pre-sale going on sale and still ended up in the bleachers. Buggered if i know how it works.
Logged back in last night an bang , got another ticket in the golden circle

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
I got 2 Golden Circle Metallica tix through the Amex presale. Was surprisingly easy.
Will be my third time seeing them. Looking forward to it.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Disco said:
I got 2 Golden Circle Metallica tix through the Amex presale. Was surprisingly easy.
Will be my third time seeing them. Looking forward to it.
Everyone’s telling me slipnots an awesome live band disco.

2nd time for me , saw them at festival hall in 89

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I made my annual pilgrimage to Bluesfest a couple of weeks ago. Iggy Pop was the standout highlight, absolutely tore it up for 90 minutes, one of the best gigs I've ever been to.

Ben Harper, Imelda May, Lukas Nelson, Trevor Hall, Gary Clark Jr were all great, and I missed plenty.

On Saturday I was at Groovin the Moo in Bendigo, the highlight for me being Regurgitator's set, followed by Hilltop Hoods.

And on Monday night I was at Hamer Hall for James Morrison and Kurt Elling, which was a real treat.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Mr Brightside said:
Everyone’s telling me slipnots an awesome live band disco.

2nd time for me , saw them at festival hall in 89
I was at that Festival Hall gig as well. Good times.
Ended up getting a ticket to their second Etihad show too.

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
I have 2 tickets to sell for the U2 concert in 2 weeks, got extras in a presale, L2 S32. DM if anyone interested.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Went to U2 concert in Brisbane earlier this week.

Was one hell of a good show. Played plenty of the hits but the highlight for me was hearing the rarely played songs from The Joshua Tree.

Still got it the old stagers. And unfortunately don't think we will see them back here again.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Saw Elton John at Hanging Rock yesterday.

Played for well over 2 hours and even though the voice has lost some range was a magnificent show.

Been to Hanging Rock a few times and always found it good but felt the sound was a bit off yesterday, seemed to lack a bit of volume.

When I bought tickets, wasn't expecting to have to travel from interstate, combined with $10 beers made it an expensive day.
Does he still play Blue Eyes?

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Hanging Rock is a great venue, just a pity the Stones cancelled that one, I had tickets and ended up seeing them in Buffalo instead, good thing I went to the USA that year. (unfortunately my daughter missed out, not sure if she will ever get the chance to see the Stones).

They should use it wisely but great venue, always a chance to check out a few wineries on the day too.

Elton John would have been good, not a huge fan, but have a couple of his records. Hope you had a good time BigRicho.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Saw QUEEN with Adam Lambert, great show. Bout time as my recent experiences with Billy Idol and Alice Cooper left a bit to be desired.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Faith No More coming in May for their first full concert tour in 23 years (they were here in 2010, but did mainly festivals and the occasional side gig). Melbourne concert at Rod Laver sold out quickly. There is no second concert, so i'm going to Adelaide as well.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Who's playing bass? Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.
I went last night and they introduced him but i can't remember his name, although he was English.

Thought the concert was pretty good, the screen and light show was probably the best i had seen, miles better than the over-rated U2 one. Negatives were the half versions played of many songs and the Brian May guitar solo which was way too long or probably not needed at all considering May was front and centre nearly all night. Not sure a band with that back catalogue needs to play covers too. Adam Lambert is excellent. Freddie gets a good run and those sections were good. Poor old John Deacon doesn't rate a mention.

Reactions: 1 user

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I went last night and they introduced him but i can't remember his name, although he was English.

Thought the concert was pretty good, the screen and light show was probably the best i had seen, miles better than the over-rated U2 one. Negatives were the half versions played of many songs and the Brian May guitar solo which was way too long or probably not needed at all considering May was front and centre nearly all night. Not sure a band with that back catalogue needs to play covers too. Adam Lambert is excellent. Freddie gets a good run and those sections were good. Poor old John Deacon doesn't rate a mention.

Deacon is a bit of a recluse but is still around in the background. Think he still manages the band's finances while wanting nothing to do with performing.

Were the "half versions" in the form of a medley? That's been part of the show in previous eras.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Deacon is a bit of a recluse but is still around in the background. Think he still manages the band's finances while wanting nothing to do with performing.

Were the "half versions" in the form of a medley? That's been part of the show in previous eras.

Yeah you could call it a medley. Perhaps more accurately they were squeezing 2 songs into the time frame of 1 (for example, Bicycle Race and Fot Bottomed Girls).

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Last edited: