Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged]

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I was there too, lucky enough to be with a friend of Jimmy Barnes who was the support act.

He hooked us up to watch from backstage with him while enjoying the catering and beverage service, and introduced us to Bruce and the band after the show.

Good looking rooster is Bruce, reckon he could have borrowed any of our wives that night.
I saw Gil in the crowd :))

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Saw Adele at Hyde park last weekend with about 65k , the gal puts on a great show ,such a brilliant vocalist. Heard the Stones at Hyde park the next night , they sounded bloody awesome .

Reactions: 2 users

Mycotchinrules

That's just like, your opinion, man
Mar 17, 2014
Saw Adele at Hyde park last weekend with about 65k , the gal puts on a great show ,such a brilliant vocalist. Heard the Stones at Hyde park the next night , they sounded bloody awesome .
Wrong way around Mr B.
You should have SEEN the Stones, and HEARD Adele.
Stones could play for 2 days straight and you'd know every tune

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Not quite up to Mr Bs lofty heights but I went to the Elvis display up in bendigo yesterday.

It was great to see the genuine articles of the great man but was a bit ruined by the crowd, always having to move, get bumped, wait forever for the numpty in front who wants to take 52 photos etc.

And I saw Late Late at Night a one man musical play about Rick Springfield. The guy did a heart job being on stage solo for 2 and a quarter hours but that running time was far far too long. I like Rick S but let’s be honest, hes got about half a dozen songs you’d know yet he did about 15.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
8A62E0D1-098C-4CD2-8954-596A46858112.jpeg
Saw GaGa in Stockholm last night , phenomenal show , haven’t seen audience goin off all show like that before

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Old rockers KISS were in Melbourne this week for the last time*.

Gotta say given their age & lineup changes I went in with a healthy dose of skepticism.
However I thought that the old pros were absolutely fantastic & it was a rollicking show befitting of a final farewell.
Every signature KISS cliche was delivered in spades & the band was pretty tight musically though Gene Simmons voice has held up better than Paul Stanley's.
Overall though went home very satisfied.

*I went to their last farewell gig 18 years ago in 2004.:LOL:

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Gotta say given their age & lineup changes I went in with a healthy dose of skepticism.
However I thought that the old pros were absolutely fantastic & it was a rollicking show befitting of a final farewell.
Every signature KISS cliche was delivered in spades & the band was pretty tight musically though Gene Simmons voice has held up better than Paul Stanley's.

They play Deuce and Detroit Rock City ?

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne

I went Sunday and wasn’t disappointed. They know how to put on a show for their fans. First saw them in the early to mid 90’s and they were as good now as then. Only disappointing thing was they didn’t play “Sure Know Something “.
While cleaning out my parents place recently , I came across a poster I bought in the early 2000’s for their farewell tour then and I have a tshirt from a few years later for another farewell tour :ROFLMAO:
Gene, Paul, Eric & Tommy, thanks for the memories

• Love

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
I have 2 tickets to the Oils on Mon Sept 12th at the Palais if anyone's interested. PM me...tix at face value.

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
I went Sunday and wasn’t disappointed. They know how to put on a show for their fans. First saw them in the early to mid 90’s and they were as good now as then. Only disappointing thing was they didn’t play “Sure Know Something “.
While cleaning out my parents place recently , I came across a poster I bought in the early 2000’s for their farewell tour then and I have a tshirt from a few years later for another farewell tour :ROFLMAO:
Gene, Paul, Eric & Tommy, thanks for the memories
So, did you and the missus "Rock and Roll all night (and party every day)"?

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
I just spent the long weekend in Portsmouth at the Victorious Festival. Brilliant weekend with the standouts for someone of my vintage being Stereophonics, Ocean Colour Scene, James and Sam Fender.

Reactions: 1 users

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
1st Gig ive been to since 2019 for my Birthday on Saturday Night Saw King Stingray for the 1st time The Croxton Bandroom was Rocking

Reactions: 3 users

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Saw Last Night Reckless The Australian Crawl Tribute, Gold Chisel & Inxsive all for the 1st time Great Fun night had listening to some Aussie Classics

Reactions: 4 users