Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Been to a good gig lately/Concerts [Merged]

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003
I tagged along with a couple of mates to see Wolfmother and The Mess Hall at the ANU last night. Wolfmother were absolutely awesome. They had the whole place rockin and if you shut your eyes it was easy to imagine Robert Plant up there singing. These guys are going to be huge IMO. The Mess Hall also have a great sound for a two piece.

Anyone else seen any good stuff lately?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Re: Been to a good gig lately?

Not lately, but going to see The Church do an acoustic show at the Corner on the 15th...I think it is.....

paper tiger

Play On!
Jul 6, 2004

Managed to score tickets from work to see Grinspoon at the Forum recently.
I'm not a big fan but they are up there as one of Australia's premier live shows - rock out.

Saw the Mess Hall at the start of the year - such an awesome sound from just 2 musicians.
The drummer pounds the living crap out of his kit. Really primal stuff. >:D

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=gig

Ghost Who Walks

Who Are You
Sep 25, 2004
Canberra

I saw the Bangles, not really my cup of tea but they where very good live.

Buying my Tickets on 05 Dec 05 for U2.

cassady

You took my dreams from me when i first found you
Nov 22, 2004
Floating

saw steve earle and the dukes at the prince of wales in st kilda last week, after the strike and he rocked on into the early hours :clap

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne

Yep i went to see Dave Hughes and Dave Grant stand up double bill recently was an absolut top night of quality top drawer comedy very good night with a few beers as well. ;)

Jexy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 17, 2005

I'm going to the Folk, Rhythm and Life festival up near Beechworth next weekend. I'll let you know if it was any good when I get back.

TigerGoneNorth

It all starts with One's defence.
Feb 6, 2005
London

Saw Vital Information at Ronnie Scotts last night. It's Steve Smith's band, the ex drummer from Journey who will need no introduction to any drummers out there. It was an amazing show, great fusion music but a huge performance from Smith who seemingly can do anything he likes on the kit.

He did his famous solo played purely on hi-hat and cymbals and it blew everyone away. I've seen it before and if anything it was even better this time. The man's a freak and all the guys in his band are monster players.

Next gig I'm going to is the Foo Fighters (just for something different) anyone see them on their recent tour out there?

Crystal

Tiger Champion
May 5, 2005
Sydney

TigerGoneNorth said:
Saw Vital Information at Ronnie Scotts last night. It's Steve Smith's band, the ex drummer from Journey who will need no introduction to any drummers out there. It was an amazing show, great fusion music but a huge performance from Smith who seemingly can do anything he likes on the kit.

He did his famous solo played purely on hi-hat and cymbals and it blew everyone away. I've seen it before and if anything it was even better this time. The man's a freak and all the guys in his band are monster players.

Next gig I'm going to is the Foo Fighters (just for something different) anyone see them on their recent tour out there?

TGN I HATE YOU!!! :bash I was planning to get to London this year specifically for that gig but couldn't do it. Steve Smith is my all time favourite drummer and is the best in the world IMO. I saw him do that hi-hat solo here in Syd a few years back and then again at the Ultimate Drummers Weekend in Melb. Both times it brought tears to my eyes and left the audience on their feet in spontaneous applause. Simply put, he is a God. :hearton

And I missed the Foo's the other night too dammit! :'( BUT! I am seeing Virgil Donati at the Basement next week so HA! ;D :-*

D85

///
Nov 22, 2004
coburg

casey donovan is coming into the starlight express room where i work next week. should i be expecting to see u there???

on to a good gig i saw on the weekend, actually, it was a great gig. a llittle band called Airbourne, they played at the evelyn. AMAZING LIVE. the singer in some songs sounded like bon scott, and they really know how to rock. if u ever get the chance, go and see them before they get really huge and u have to pay shitloads

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Whatever happened to the Swagman? Hasn't been a good gig in Melbourne since it burnt down.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

Doolz85 said:
casey donovan is coming into the starlight express room where i work next week. should i be expecting to see u there???

Bear will be there. He loves her.

(You just be sure to have plenty of cakes and chocolate on hand in that Starship Excess Room for Donutvan CrownDoolz85. She's a big girl and she requires plenty of fuel to sing all those looooong wailing notes in all those syrupy songs of hers. Oh, and make sure there's plenty of towells on hand too. That girl works up a LOT of sweat....)  

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Redford said:
Doolz85 said:

(You just be sure to have plenty of cakes and chocolate on hand in that Starship Excess Room for Donutvan CrownDoolz85. She's a big girl and she requires plenty of fuel to sing all those looooong wailing notes in all those syrupy songs of hers. Oh, and make sure there's plenty of towells on hand too. That girl works up a LOT of sweat....)

Casey Donavan, how do you say it: she rocks.

Only bettered by Kayne Taylor or Random

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

jb03 said:
Redford said:
Doolz85 said:

Casey Donavan, how do you say it:  she rocks.

Gee, I dunno. Hanson go ok as well.

MMMBop, ba duba dop ba do bop, Ba duba

dop ba do bop, Ba duba dop ba do. Oh yeah, MMMBop ba duba dop ba do bop, ...

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Redford said:
jb03 said:
Redford said:
Doolz85 said:

Casey Donavan, how do you say it: she rocks.

Gee, I dunno. Hanson go ok as well.

MMMBop, ba duba dop ba do bop, Ba duba

dop ba do bop, Ba duba dop ba do. Oh yeah, MMMBop ba duba dop ba do bop, ...

Now you're just taking the p!ss on what I thought was a serious discussion as to the quality of live music in Melbourne. Those aren't even the lyrics to MMMBop. You have far too many "ba's" and "dop's".