Beer and Wine Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Beer and Wine Thread

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Must be getting old but loving the Somersby apple cider at the moment. Also openned a bottle of 2005 chateau de pez on Saturday night. What a drop!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
WesternTiger said:
Must be getting old but loving the Somersby apple cider at the moment. ....

Good fruity taste wonderful for hot summer days. I really like it. :eek:ld

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Into James Squire Hop Thief American Pale Ale at the moment. Very nice winter beer from a glass.

Have also been recommended The Hotchkiss Six Domestic Stout by Little Creatures. Anyone tried it?

Old Furphy (another LC brewed in Geelong) from the tap is ok as well.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
For rum drinkers, Bundaberg Small Batch Vintage Barrel. Been meaning to try it for ages but been sticking to carribean and central American rums. It is excellent for the money. Instant fan. Straight with ice and some fresh lime. beautiful.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Ive been hitting the Asahi Dry and James Squires 150 Lashes a fair bit recently.

The odd Little Creatures Pilsener, Great Northern Lager, and Furphy here and there also.

Cant remember the last time i had a Mainstream beer ala a VB or Melbourne, Carlton Draught, Crownie, Tooheys or Coldie.

That said Melbourne Bitter was my go to of the mainstreams or Carlton Draught.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
craig said:
Ive been hitting the Asahi Dry and James Squires 150 Lashes a fair bit recently.

The odd Odd Little Creatures Pilsener, Great Northern Lager, and Furphy here and there also.

Cant remember the last time i had a Mainstream beer ala a VB or Melbourne, Carlton Draught, Crownie, Tooheys or Coldie.

My fave too for so many years craigo. Only thing good about Carrrrrton.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
craig said:

The odd Odd Little Creatures Pilsener, Great Northern Lager, and Furphy here and there also.

Had a Carlton Draught stubby the other night Craig. Went down like razor blades!

The Furphy on tap or stubby is great.

For those who like single malt Scotch Whisky this is a hit - Aberlour A'bunadh.

Downed half a bottle with 72 year old uncle on rocks grand final night. Just backed up and brought him another bottle for Xmas. A real hit (especially the next morning!).

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Feral Brewing Co. make my favourite Australian beer at the moment:

https://www.feralbrewing.com.au/

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
Melbourne Bitter is getting more expensive than all these bloody craft beers now. :-\

I still fail to taste any difference to Vic Bitter.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Tigers of Old said:
Melbourne Bitter is getting more expensive than all these bloody craft beers now. :-\
Off on our mini punters club limo trip( pub crawl) around the North East , Goulburn Valley this Saturday, one of the punters has demanded that the esky be full of Melbourne bitter, his been over ruled, Draught an Crownies for the esky an most certainly no boutique beers. Each to his own but think I’d rather drink battery acid with a twist of lime over any craft beer.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Interesting i also remember drinking Geelong Bitter on tap at pubs, and also remember drinking Abotts Lager which i often took to parties when i was 18 so i knew if anyone else was drinking my beer

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
CC TIGER said:
Off on our mini punters club limo trip( pub crawl) around the North East , Goulburn Valley this Saturday, one of the punters has demanded that the esky be full of Melbourne bitter, his been over ruled, Draught an Crownies for the esky an most certainly no boutique beers. Each to his own but think I’d rather drink battery acid with a twist of lime over any craft beer.

Don't mind Draught but Crown lager over MB? :thumbdown

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I reckon I will be the ultimate outlier/ pariah on this thread:

Don't drink it all the time, but I like XXXX :peep and crownies.

In my defence it is made for stinking hot weather. I challenge anyone to drink an icy cold can of XXXX on a 34 degree day after mowing the lawn and brush-cutting and not enjoy it.