Ben and J-Lo split over Tigers recruitment targets | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ben and J-Lo split over Tigers recruitment targets

Tiger in a Tube

Richmond Redeemer
Sep 11, 2003
www.puntroad.com
From http://www.puntroad.com/content

Hollywood super couple Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez have revealed the real reason for their marriage day split. Both are passionate Tiger supporters and have been having constant fights about what the Tigers recruitment policy should be.

Affleck, who hasn't made a decent film since his breakthrough writing/starring effort "Good Will Hunting" is very keen on trading Matthew Richardson or indeed any star player for higher picks in the draft, while J-Lo believes that the Tigers would've done much better in 2003 but for injuries and only need to be looking at topping up their list with maybe a couple of half-forwards a la Nathan Brown.

The couple reportedly are unable to reconcile over the issue, often not speaking for days after a fight.

Will Damon, a close associate of Affleck, spoke with puntroad.com and said that he and some other Buddies of Affleck (BoA) were "just damn sick of their fighin' and cussin'" over whether a youth policy was the go or not.

"Look, it was just getting stupid and really personal. He is all for trading Richo because his on field leadership leaves a lot to be desired, and reckons he's past it. She was adamant that you just couldn't get rid of Richo because he's a Marquee player and that membership numbers next season would suffer. We thought she was being a *smile* so we . . .well we had ourselves and old fashion Intervention."

The BoA took the young star aside and asked him if he could really get married to someone who was so short sighted.

"Look, all we did was give him the facts. He made the decision to split by himself. But we reckon it was for the best."

A girlfriend of Lopez said that she couldn't understand why Affleck was being so negative toward the players.

"It was ok when he started to talk about trading Ray Hall and Vardy, but then it just got worse. He'd demanded that Ben Holland get traded to Hawthorn, then he'd say that Bowden had to go. J-Lo could handle that, but when he started to rave on and on about getting draft picks for Richo . . .it just went down hill. Maybe it was his drinking or he'd lost on the roulette tables at Vegas, I don't know, She'd ring me up just fair dinkum distraught at the horrible things he'd say."

There is a brief light of hope for the couple though. Both agree the Kayne Pettifer must go.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Tiger in a Tube said:
Both agree the Kayne Pettifer must go.

You guys just passed the PunRoadEnd initiation test with flying colours. ;D