Ben Cousins Interview | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ben Cousins Interview

kyuss

Tiger Rookie
May 13, 2012
Two things standing out to me so far.

1. Poor Cousins still swims in a river of denial.

2. Basil Zempilas is a terrible interviewer.
Spot on, on both points!

every question Basil asks is basically "you've fallen a long way, haven't you?"

ILUVDISCO

Tiger Rookie
Oct 20, 2009
Yep & Yep.
Unfortunately this poor bastard is destined to die from this addiction.
This could possibly be the most pointless interview ever, there is no redemption story, no taking responsibility, just putting him in awkward situations with blokes he doesn't know and old news footage

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Waste of an hour really, nothing new and didn't answer the tough questions.
Good reminder for some though.

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
Terrible interviews, shocking production. Channel 7 just handing over money so Ben can have his next hit. Cousins is on the road to nowhere still and Channel 7 just exploited him for cheap ratings.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Good learning lesson.
It doesn't matter who you are and where you are.
addiction can bring you to your knee's.
im in the minority, i thought Basil was good with his questioning, pity Ben wasnt drawn to answer them.

Reactions: 1 user

aoc1974

Tiger Superstar
Mar 1, 2015
Feel terrible for his family and his kids..... has some serious angst for his former partner. Sadly, he doesn't appear very remorseful for just about anything.

The Big Richo

Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
im in the minority, i thought Basil was good with his questioning, pity Ben wasnt drawn to answer them.
I thought his questions were ok as well but his ability to push for an actual answer was non-existent. The only time he did he got the best answer of the show.

I thought he was starstruck by Cousins, even the positioning of sitting next to him on the couch was weird.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigers of Old

Proud of our Club.
Jul 26, 2004
I didn't watch it. Enough sadness out there already than to go down that well worn path again.

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Two things standing out to me so far.

1. Poor Cousins still swims in a river of denial.

2. Basil Zempilas is a terrible interviewer.
Denial is the river that most drug addicts and alcoholics especially higher functioning ones swim in.

They become masters of deflection, , excuse making, blame, lying, scheming, to initially conceal and then the need ultimatelly feed the addiction.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Benny is the guy who had it all and pissed it all down the drain ...................literally after his liver had processed it and his kidneys excreted it.

St Kevin

Vlastuin 3:16
Apr 1, 2014
Absolute garbage from Channel 7, but one thing is clear. Ben has lost everything, and still hasn't gone to self-honesty to recognise he has a crippling addiction.

This is a man who has lost his career, reputation, family, partner and kids for the glass barbie. He has no job, no house, no prospects, in and out of jail. And he had ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING.

He's not going to change. He's going to die an addict. I just hope no one else gets taken with him.