Ben Cousins Interview | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ben Cousins Interview

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Ha nearly everything on TV free to air these days is well and truly belonging to the crap category.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerman

Nank should grow a mullet.
Mar 17, 2003
Absolute garbage from Channel 7, but one thing is clear. Ben has lost everything, and still hasn't gone to self-honesty to recognise he has a crippling addiction.

This is a man who has lost his career, reputation, family, partner and kids for the glass barbie. He has no job, no house, no prospects, in and out of jail. And he had ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING.

He's not going to change. He's going to die an addict. I just hope no one else gets taken with him.
The only thing he hasn't lost is his ego.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
So ch 7 pay him to talk about his drug addiction (which we all know about) so he can then spend on more drugs? Well done ch 7.

Reactions: 1 user

Stig

Tiger Cub
Mar 2, 2020
I have a different take on things . Ben had serious issues when at RFC . When he finished at the club , his life spiralled put of control . 3 years later his partner falls pregnant and they decide to have a family . Great idea not . But not one but two children . His life still spiralling our of control . I have missed something here

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
I couldn't watch it because of Zempilas. Why on earth do 7 think he's a reasonable journalist. He's a fool.

Reactions: 4 users

theglove3

Tiger Superstar
Jun 3, 2003
Also a lot of swearing and F bombs.
I don't mind that language as it was part of the vernacular going to the football between 1983-2016 (for me anyway!)
But a bit rich for the 7-30pm timelsot with many kids watching during school holidays.
Watching him do a tackle count on himself and the lines of the powdery stuff not a good look.
And big eyed dopey Bazil?

Don't think Cuzzy answered 1 question honestly.
Also a farce having dopey Baz interview his Dad with the camera 20-30 metres away and no audio.
What was that supposed to prove?

Waste of an hour.

Reactions: 1 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I watched it and felt terribly sad, for his parents, his kids and for him as well. He hasn't got to the point that he capable of recovery it seems, maybe he never will.

It's just a sad story all round.

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
He had to make a choice between West Cost, Fremantle and Geelong under the father & son rule.
Wonder what his life would be like if he went with The other two instead.

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
Couldn't watch it. I remembered it was on about 10 minutes in and lasted about 30 seconds before I turned it back off. Looks like I didn't miss anything

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Didn't bother watching it. Would just have been more of the media flogging the dead horse trying to eke out another shekel or two.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
He had to make a choice between West Cost, Fremantle and Geelong under the father & son rule.
Wonder what his life would be like if he went with The other two instead.
Who knows. Had he been at the Cats he might have not have got so loose in that environment at the time with the leadership there but who knows.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Dank and the "WEP", how quickly did that becoming grating hearing BT carry on about the "Wep" every few minutes.

22nd Man

Tiger Champion
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I have a different take on things . Ben had serious issues when at RFC . When he finished at the club , his life spiralled put of control . 3 years later his partner falls pregnant and they decide to have a family . Great idea not . But not one but two children . His life still spiralling our of control . I have missed something here
I recall commenting on the site or elsewhere when he the kids how ridiculous comments were that said things like this "fatherhood will be good for him, will give him something other than himself to focus on etc etc" .... all it does is bring two more children into the world who have to deal with addiction in their lives. I assume his former partner has done a good job of keeping him out of their lives.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Did not watch it as Basil Faulty is an absolute twit. ( City of Perth Mayoral position is up for grabs & Basil is a candidate). Caro gave it a serve as well but then everyone is one the same bandwagon.

MD Jazz

Tiger Champion
Feb 3, 2017
Absolute garbage from Channel 7, but one thing is clear. Ben has lost everything, and still hasn't gone to self-honesty to recognise he has a crippling addiction.

This is a man who has lost his career, reputation, family, partner and kids for the glass barbie. He has no job, no house, no prospects, in and out of jail. And he had ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING.

He's not going to change. He's going to die an addict. I just hope no one else gets taken with him.
Ben would be one of the most well informed addicts going around with the amount of help/support/addiction clinics he's had and been through. He's nothing but a self-indulgent knob who isn't prepared to do the work required to get well and stay well - unlike many other addicts.

He's still a boy underneath it all.

Reactions: 1 users

artball

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2013
Zemplis and Cousins - enough for me to not go anywhere near it ..