BEN CROWE | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

BEN CROWE

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
If there is already a thread on this man then will one of the moderators please transfer.
Apart from all of that, a wonderful article in today's herald Sun on Ben Crowe.
It is in the weekend lift out.
Here is a snippet as I cannot post the link, as the online section of the HS liimits it to the subscriber....me in this case.

Crowe, 52, is an athlete whisperer, a life coach, a mentor, a bloke who, despite no formal qualifications in psychology or psychiatry, appears to have a knack for getting into athlete’s heads.

He’s the man who tennis ace, Ash Barty, called in when her dream of winning Wimbledon was nipped in the bud in the third round in 2018.

He helped Richmond Football Club coach Damien Hardwick and captain Trent Cotchin overcome the heartache of a bottom-dwelling 2016 AFL season to win the 2017 grand final.

He’s worked with spin-bowler Shane Warne, surfer Stephanie Gilmore and tennis player Andre Agassi.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I’ve heard him a few times. Very interesting. He has a very salient outlook particularly on younger sport stars who struggle with pressure, mentally, and why.

What he recommended Ash Barty do, a few others could follow I reckon.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
I’ve heard him a few times. Very interesting. He has a very salient outlook particularly on younger sport stars who struggle with pressure, mentally, and why.

What he recommended Ash Barty do, a few others could follow I reckon.
Ash would be one of my sporting idols.
No dramatic tantrums or bad sportsmanship by her.
Whether that is the influence of Crowe or not I have no idea, but what a star she is.

Reactions: 8 users

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Seems like every man woman and his or her dog is now an expert in "mindfullness."
from today's HS.
1641680139969.png

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
Ben was definitely a critical member of the small team that turned Tigerland around from a psychology perspective. Right up there with Emma Murray.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Going against the grain here but it does concern me that we, and presumably other clubs, are putting the psyche of vulnerable young men and women in the hands people without formal qualifications.

We’ve already got an example with the infamous Adelaide Crows camp of the damage that can be done in this area by unqualified operators. I hope at the very least we are maintaining proper oversight of the likes of Murray and Crowe to ensure they don’t take things too far.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Going against the grain here but it does concern me that we, and presumably other clubs, are putting the psyche of vulnerable young men and women in the hands people without formal qualifications.

We’ve already got an example with the infamous Adelaide Crows camp of the damage that can be done in this area by unqualified operators. I hope at the very least we are maintaining proper oversight of the likes of Murray and Crowe to ensure they don’t take things too far.
You could be right TF.
I looked her up and she does not have any, what might be considered, tertiary qualifications.
Think what she and others of this ilk say, makes sense, but who knows what the end results might be to a young person's outlook on life.
Then again, there is little doubt that Emma Murray had a profound effect on Cotch and Dusty.

tigertime2

Our cup runneth over!
Mar 22, 2008
You can't alter the scorecard.....that's the only measure you have. All the qualifications in the world cannot guarantee success.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I think the correct term is mindset coach.

He released an app last year called Mojo Crowe. I did his program during lockdown (partly on the back of his association with Richmond). I found it fantastic, really helped me get through that period when I was struggling (and I am generally a positive person).

I am not sure there is any secret sauce with Ben Crowe. He is just very good at what he does, there is no *smile* or ego, and I assume he has been able to adapt the lessons learned along the way to create a really valuable program. I have recommended his app to virtually everyone I know (costs about $200).

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

No your right - it’s an unregulated and unregistered industry - anyone can do it if they want. Nothing wrong with a bit of mentoring and meditation support, motivation etc - some do it well, some meah.

The problem is when they delve into advice when the issues are more around for example, someone struggling with their mental health and well-being and the person actually needs clinical advice and support - that’s where it can go wrong I reckon.

Reactions: 1 users