Ben "Hymie" Holland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ben "Hymie" Holland

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Not sure if this is true or not, but apparently the Mayor of New York City caught a glimpse of the Geescum v Richmond game on ESPN over in the States last week and has made a formal approach to Hymie.

My sources say the offer revolves around Hymie being a replacement for the Statue of Liberty - should it be blown up by terrorists who have been making a spate of threats against the city recently. Apparently, the Mayor saw a significant resemblance between Hymies spoiling efforts in the Geescum game and that of the legendary statue.

My sources also tell me that when presented with the offer, Hymie questioned the Mayor with, “Yeah, but the Statue of Liberty is a lady dressed in a big gown ?” to which the Mayor responded with, “Yeah, and your point is ?”

Personally, I hope we keep Hymie. I think we could use him as a grandstand at Punt Road one day.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Well they'll have to beat the New Zealand Government to it as they're looking for a replacement for the Franz Josef glacier when it finally melts. Apparently they see a striking resemblance between Franz and Ben in the way they both move. Although secret governments sources say they're a little concerned that Ben may be a tad too slow! ;)