Ben Lennon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ben Lennon

tigs2010

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2009
bullus_hit said:
Freeman & McCarthy are still real possibilities, but it will be a nervous wait.
Hopefully Brissy get scared of Aish going home. I don't think that's all a certainty.

Everything still seems up in the air and I've had no info for a week where it looked like we'd get Freeman or Jones. Now it seems Brisbane/Melbourne/WC aren't decided and Collingwood have to wait and see. Meaning we could get Salem if everything goes right or Jones as a worse case scenario if everything goes wrong. Fascinating draft, especially considering the journos are saying Dogs haven't fully committed to Bonts and Billings isn't even a certainty at 3.

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
bullus_hit said:
With Salem off to Melbourne we simply have to take Lennon if available, people shouldn't forget he also had stints in the backline when playing for Metro, so he's got the versatility. Having a guy who can roost the ball 65 metres is the ultimate in zone buster weaponry.

Would Lennon be in the same mould as Shannon Hurn bullus?

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
tigerdave said:
Would Lennon be in the same mould as Shannon Hurn bullus?

He certainly has the range of Hurn, so yes. Hurn is probably a little quicker, ran a 3.04 20m from memory, with Lennon a 3.18. But Lennon is by far the superior mark, which makes him an ideal candidate for intercept marking. I wouldn't mind seeing him there as early as 2014, which would allow Petterd to be moved in to the forward line.

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
bullus_hit said:
He certainly has the range of Hurn, so yes. Hurn is probably a little quicker, ran a 3.04 20m from memory, with Lennon a 3.18. But Lennon is by far the superior mark, which makes him an ideal candidate for intercept marking. I wouldn't mind seeing him there as early as 2014, which would allow Petterd to be moved in to the forward line.

Thanks!

Jan 12, 2012
Melbourne
Stylo said:
Hehe, touche
Sorry Stylo. Fan pedantry, you know how it is. Been biting my tongue on 'Let it Be' all day. Though we are in the market for a McCartney, according to rumours (is there a Fleetwood in the draft?)

This Is Anfield

Tiger Champion
Sep 25, 2013
Melbourne
TJsFurrow said:
Sorry Stylo. Fan pedantry, you know how it is. Been biting my tongue on 'Let it Be' all day. Though we are in the market for a McCartney, according to rumours (is there a Fleetwood in the draft?)

No, sorry Mac.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
tigs2010 said:
Still not sold Lennon will be there. If Brisbane take the remaining SA boy who do the Pies go at 10. Plus the Eagles like him.
Yep, fingers crossed I am wrong but I too cant see him being there at our pick.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Is there any chance that Aish will be there at 12??

Wondering if Lennon gets picked over him at 10 by Collingwood and West Coast go Sheed at 11 then he might be available.

Might be a few surprises anyway so will be interesting to see how it pans out.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
TJsFurrow said:

Let it be, there is sure to be a Star, Ringo.