Ben Lennon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ben Lennon

Mr Magic

The Centre of Perfection
Dec 7, 2006
TuesdayswithTerry said:
SEN just said the late mail is West Coast are keen on Lennon at 11

Eagles passing on Simon Black mk2.............that will be a massive risk? Hope it backfires spectacularly if they do.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
bullus_hit said:
Great result, I'm just thanking Collingwood for nabbing Freeman.

i gave a little groan when i saw the dees pick, but perked up after the pies took Freeman.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
bullus_hit said:
Great result, I'm just thanking Collingwood for nabbing Freeman.
Ditto. Freeman looks like Nathan Foley's clone, whereas Lennon has a bit of Stevie J about him.

amcre

Tiger Rookie
Feb 8, 2010
bullus_hit said:
He certainly has the range of Hurn, so yes. Hurn is probably a little quicker, ran a 3.04 20m from memory, with Lennon a 3.18. But Lennon is by far the superior mark, which makes him an ideal candidate for intercept marking. I wouldn't mind seeing him there as early as 2014, which would allow Petterd to be moved in to the forward line.

I was more hoping Lennon allows us to eventually move Petterd to the VFL.

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006
:partyfest :bdaygrin :birthday :pressie :beer :ner :clapping :yawn :cheeky :happy :grouphug :upside :afro :blowingup :boldyellow :hula :banana :guitar :shockedsanta :shockedsanta :shockedsanta :shockedsanta

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
amcre said:

Maybe, he's there for depth so that could be a good barometer for how we're travelling.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
amcre said:
So Petterd played mainly defence for us n Lennon is described as a forward, yet you want Lennon to replace Petterd ???

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
TigerMasochist said:
So Petterd played mainly defence for us n Lennon is described as a forward, yet you want Lennon to replace Petterd ???

It was actually in the context of Lennon moving into Petterd's role, something which I believe he could do quite well. If we want a raking kick coming out of defence then Lennon represents an excellent option.

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006
Brodders17 said:
i gave a little groan when i saw the dees pick, but perked up after the pies took Freeman.

me too. when the pies said freeman, I jumped out of the lazyboy and sent my collingwood host's 3 year old flying.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
bullus_hit said:
It was actually in the context of Lennon moving into Petterd's role, something which I believe he could do quite well. If we want a raking kick coming out of defence then Lennon represents an excellent option.
Thought we were training Griff to be the raking kick out of defence :stir Agree with the Gollywog, more than happy when scumwood called Freeman n left us Lennon, guess now it's just a matter of who got what picks right n who had the massive draft stuff up.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Tigers of Old said:
Pies mate of mine tonight was shocked and disappointed that they didn't go Lennon ahead of Freeman.

We got the good one Oldie, classic case of athlete versus footballer, Collingwood may get the best out of him but he's still a big risk. Lennon is blue chip, a raking kick with a superb set of mitts, you can't teach that. He tested poorly but that is now Richmond's good fortune, did I mention he has been battling an ankle injury all year. ;)

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012
bullus_hit said:
We got the good one Oldie, classic case of athlete versus footballer, Collingwood may get the best out of him but he's still a big risk. Lennon is blue chip, a raking kick with a superb set of mitts, you can't teach that. He tested poorly but that is now Richmond's good fortune, did I mention he has been battling an ankle injury all year. ;)

Another recent Richmond draftee had the same problem... He fell all the way to pick 9 because of it ;)

Perhaps the football gods are smiling on us, finally