Ben Lennon | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ben Lennon

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The word is very strong that Lennon is going to be the player we pick tonight.
He looks like a very nice type but I'm not sure that you take a HFF with your first pick.
Can he make the transition to midfield?

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Tigers of Old said:
He looks like a very nice type but I'm not sure that you take a HFF with your first pick.

I think he clocked up like 35+ touches or something ridiculous when he moved to the midfield in the TAC cup or something.

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra
Just pick him. We have been crying out for a quality hff since Nathan brown. If he ends up being able to run through the middle then that will be a bonus. Should be in a position to pick up a mid with our second pick.

tigs2010

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2009
Tigers of Old said:
Has the ability to do so. I think he will be a Stevie J type in terms of % of time split fwd/mid. He's too good up forward to make him predominantly a mid.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Tigertool said:
I think he clocked up like 35+ touches or something ridiculous when he moved to the midfield in the TAC cup or something.
Which game Tt?
http://www.sportingpulse.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=193710755&client=1-3020-111703-150804-14534646&ocompID=253881

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006
Tigertool said:

I think the number was a 28 avg over a 5 game stretch in on the ball. Thats good enough ball numbers for me.

Timmy99 said:
Just pick him. We have been crying out for a quality hff since Nathan brown. If he ends up being able to run through the middle then that will be a bonus. Should be in a position to pick up a mid with our second pick.

yes. plus imagine all the fun we can have with john lennon lyrics. 60,000 yelling "I am the walrus" as he plucks a pack mark on the 50 at the G would be quite something.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Tigers of Old said:
I can't decipher all those codes! KE KIE HE HIE WTF

I know what you're talking about ToOheys! I couldn't see it there and had to look it up somewhere else. Here's the consolidated stats from his round 17 game:

37 disposals, 7 marks, 5 inside 50′s, 5 rebounds, 1 goal

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Tigertool said:
I know what you're talking about ToOheys! I couldn't see it there and had to look it up somewhere else. Here's the consolidated stats from his round 17 game:

37 disposals, 7 marks, 5 inside 50′s, 5 rebounds, 1 goal

Thanks. Good numbers for sure. That's what I am looking for.
Reportedly had a lot less success on the ball at the Champs.
Frank has the numbers on the board. Hopefully makes the right call again here.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Tigers of Old said:

I'd be happy with that.
Cryin' out for some X.

GoodOne

Tiger Legend
Apr 2, 2004
Tigers of Old said:

Will be a better choice than what's left as midfield options. He's going to be a player but I don't think he'll be there at 12.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
With Salem off to Melbourne we simply have to take Lennon if available, people shouldn't forget he also had stints in the backline when playing for Metro, so he's got the versatility. Having a guy who can roost the ball 65 metres is the ultimate in zone buster weaponry.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
bullus_hit said:
With Salem off to Melbourne we simply have to take Lennon if available, people shouldn't forget he also had stints in the backline when playing for Metro, so he's got the versatility. Having a guy who can roost the ball 65 metres is the ultimate in zone buster weaponry.

Looking forward to having Lennon and Knights on our half forward flanks!

2 x dangerous players with a big kick on them both.

tigs2010

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2009
bullus_hit said:
Still not sold Lennon will be there. If Brisbane take the remaining SA boy who do the Pies go at 10. Plus the Eagles like him.

GEDS1

Richo's last lap
Apr 15, 2007
He is fairly developed body wise already so he should impact sooner rather than later. At pick 12 he will be excellent value.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
tigs2010 said:
Still not sold Lennon will be there. If Brisbane take the remaining SA boy who do the Pies go at 10. Plus the Eagles like him.

Freeman & McCarthy are still real possibilities, but it will be a nervous wait.