Benny "Nostradamus" Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Benny "Nostradamus" Gale

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
The most important figure in our club's history since Hafey.

Reactions: 11 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
They laughed at him.

BUT WHO'S LAUGHING NOW !!!!!!!!

Benny you are a LEGEND

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Real leaders with vision inspire their people to great things don't they.

The business world must be taking note of this. I have no doubt that Gale has knocked back offers in the private sector to fulfil his vision with us. That will only add to his value, a CEO who stays the journey.

I have a feeling that last nights win probably signifies the end of Gale at our club. In a post COVID business world, where companies are going to have to be innovative and in many cases basically largely reinvent themselves, Benny's approach in focusing on making everything important and doing it as well as can be done is going to be highly regarded and companies will pay for it big time.

I reckon the AFL has blown its chance, they will not be in the market. They could have had Benny the jet, got Gil the dill instead. Luckily for us I guess.

Benny, if and when you do move on, always remember that your vision didn't just inspire the people who worked for you. It inspired an army and galvanised it into a totally irrepressible force.

We all thank you for what you have done for us, and we all love you. We all acknowledge what the coaches and players have said for some years now, that there is an incredible bond in our club, right throughout the club. And it all starts at the top.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
In Nostradamus' defense he did have more than one prophecy (something about betamax?) I wonder if the Great Benny has any more - maybe a little more current.

"Broady - I see a girl in your future with audacious ta-ta's and a love of afl premiership medallions. You do it again and it will be your arse mate - and you can take that one to the bank!"

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
He is such a contrast to the legend of Graeme Richmond.

What he has built is sustainable. A true club culture. Respected, not feared.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Benny is a Tiger hero

One thing that isn’t quite right I s the commentary on 3-0-75. That was actually 3 final series, zero debt and 75,000 members in 5 years. We got the last 2 but took 6 years to get to the 3 final series. The 3 premierships in 10 years was not the 3 , it was the 2nd part of the plan.

But whichever way we look at it it’s monumental. What a star he is for our footy club

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
In Nostradamus' defense he did have more than one prophecy (something about betamax?) I wonder if the Great Benny has any more - maybe a little more current.

"Broady - I see a girl in your future with audacious ta-ta's and a love of afl premiership medallions. You do it again and it will be your arse mate - and you can take that one to the bank!"
Nostradamus used quatrains and many of his predictions are open to interpretation. IMHO, Benny was much clearer in his vision , more concise, and over the journey ,much more accurate, plus we have vision( pun intended). Just like Dusty>Dangerfield so is Benny>Nostradamus.

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Now what is the next blue sky Vision... it’ll be a real challenge to set the new bar

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Benny is a Tiger hero

One thing that isn’t quite right I s the commentary on 3-0-75. That was actually 3 final series, zero debt and 75,000 members in 5 years. We got the last 2 but took 6 years to get to the 3 final series. The 3 premierships in 10 years was not the 3 , it was the 2nd part of the plan.

But whichever way we look at it it’s monumental. What a star he is for our footy club

I'm confused now on this

I‘ve been saying the same thing i.e. that the “3” referred to 3 finals appearances.

But I’ve also seen the video of Benny being interviewed by Gary Lying and they definitely were discussing the three flags and Benny was saying the flags were an aspirational goal

Could it be there were two stages of this Strategic plan and that at one time it was 3 finals appearances - but that at a later stage it was officially upgraded to 3 flags?

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Nostradamus? Pfffft.

I told my mate that Benny would lead us to 3 flags by 2020 the day he dropped his first chest mark.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I'm confused now on this

I‘ve been saying the same thing i.e. that the “3” referred to 3 finals appearances.

But I’ve also seen the video of Benny being interviewed by Gary Lying and they definitely were discussing the three flags and Benny was saying the flags were an aspirational goal

Could it be there were two stages of this Strategic plan and that at one time it was 3 finals appearances - but that at a later stage it was officially upgraded to 3 flags?

3-0-75 was a five year plan released in 2010. "3" was finals appearances and one of those being a top 4.

3 Premierships by 2020 was mentioned in the released plan as a longer term goal.

Reactions: 1 user