Benny "Nostradamus" Gale | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Benny "Nostradamus" Gale

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Caro said yesterday she believed Benny is the frontrunner for AFL CEO. I've got mixed feelings, nothing lasts forever, he'd leave us in good shape, and he'd reform what a stale nepotistic AFL which would be massively good for the game. But I'd hate to lose him.
Strange if true. AFL HQ has been a very closed shop for decades but NOW they are seriously considering letting an outsider lead the organization?

One could almost think it was a setup. Maybe the state of the game is worse than publicly known and they want an outsider to take the fall…

Reactions: 3 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Gale as AFL CEO will be a good thing for the game.

Cotchin retires and becomes the intern to the next Richmond CEO with the view of taking over as CEO somewhere down the track

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
i'd rather keep him

I wonder if another flag is driving him - it would certainly put the club in rarified air.

No I reckon the only thing holding Benny going full tilt for the AFL job is he may want to oversee the Punt Road Development to ensure the Tiger habitat is there for etermity.
Whilst the RFC continue to have the worst facilities in the league there is still work to be done and money to raise for its completion.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Not sure if we have the worst facilities in the league caesar.

I think the club itself has acknowledged it is fact, who else has a condemned grandstand? who else has admin staff working out of a portable classroom type set up? Who else have opposition teams using a portable shed?

Reactions: 1 users

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
I think the club itself has acknowledged it is fact, who else has a condemned grandstand? who else has admin staff working out of a portable classroom type set up? Who else have opposition teams using a portable shed?
Yes, there is still plenty more to be done.

Bernie

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2008
Tura Beach
Caro said yesterday she believed Benny is the frontrunner for AFL CEO. I've got mixed feelings, nothing lasts forever, he'd leave us in good shape, and he'd reform what a stale nepotistic AFL which would be massively good for the game. But I'd hate to lose him.
Why would she be privy to that?

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I'd hate for Benny to go to the AFL as unfortunately ultimately we would have to dislike him.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty

We've certainly rocketed down the list in recent times, a lot of clubs have completed redevelopments since ours.

Gold Coast had awful facilities but were upgraded for the Commonwealth Games, Brisbane and Sydney were pretty bad and I'd say Melbourne are the absolute worst.

We'd be sitting with teams like Hawthorn, Adelaide, Port who have had redevelopments done but are getting to the stage where they are fast moving out of date.

If you compared ours with West Coast or Freo it would be dramatically behind.

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
Would be a gutsy move, choosing to captain a sinking ship.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Wont be Benny. Caro says it to stir things up - she knows they wont give it to Benny.

He may even decline an interview, given he knows it's a set up - to simply 'pretend' they've considered him and to avoid criticism for not considering him.

As Balmy said, Benny is too reasonable a person to get the job.

Their fundamental values are commercial ones - they dont give a flying XXXX for the game, the fans, the clubs. They dont rate Benny against that number 1 value - the $$$$$$.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Wont be Benny. Caro says it to stir things up - she knows they wont give it to Benny.

He may even decline an interview, given he knows it's a set up - to simply 'pretend' they've considered him and to avoid criticism for not considering him.

As Balmy said, Benny is too reasonable a person to get the job.

Their fundamental values are commercial ones - they dont give a flying XXXX for the game, the fans, the clubs. They dont rate Benny against that number 1 value - the $$$$$$.
It’s all bean counters running the game.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The AFL exists for the industry, not the end consumer.

Therein lies the problem.

It's all well and good to say that TV rights pay for the game and everything should be done for the TV stations. But if you turn the fans off the game then the TV rights become worthless.

At the moment they have this balance wrong, they need to stop p!ssing off the fans.

DS

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Hopefully if Benny becomes League CEO he can dig into the AFL coffers to contribute to the redevelopment of Punt Road.:rolleyes: