Big Bash League | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Big Bash League

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Thought it's time to start a BBL Thread . This is NOT a thread about T20 vs Test Cricket vs ODIs etc .Or what BBL adds or doesnt add to the game of Cricket ( thats for the Cricket Thread ). And I love Test Cricket BTW ..
Looking forward to the new BBL season , was a member of the Renegades and went to most home games before moving O/S .
We do get a 5 min Highlight package of each game here in Botswana which is something . But they do show all games live into South Africa .
Picked the Renegades to follow originally as I couldn't follow a team that had Eddie Mcguire as President ( Melbourne Stars ) .
Starts:
The Gabba, Brisbane WED DEC 19 6:15 PM Brissy Heat vs Adelaide Strikers

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
BBL 08: Final squads for every Big Bash team and review :
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/cricket/big-bash/bbl-08-every-players-from-every-team-as-they-are-announced/news-story/d62aaff0f6c5e99d065e72d10f4d8dd1

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Melbourne Renegades v Perth Scorchers
Thursday December 20
Marvel Stadium
7:15pm

Renegades squad

Tom Cooper (Captain)
Dan Christian (Vice Captain)
Jack Wildermuth
Tim Ludeman
Cameron White
Mohammad Nabi
Cameron Boyce
Kane Richardson
Usman Khan Shinwari
Kelvin Smith
Chris Tremain
Will Sutherland
Sam Harper

Out : Aaron Finch , Marcus Harris ( National Side )

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
I tried to watch the Stars game, but the commentary was that bad I turned it off.

Michael Slater was appalling and I was embarrassed for him. He seemed happy to squabble with Damien Fleming rather than commentate the game, it was inane, I wouldn't be surprised if his position was terminated.

The contrast between the newer generation of commentators couldn't be greater.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
josey said:
I tried to watch the Stars game, but the commentary was that bad I turned it off.

Michael Slater was appalling and I was embarrassed for him. He seemed happy to squabble with Damien Fleming rather than commentate the game, it was inane I wouldn't be surprised if the his position was terminated.

The contrast between the newer generation of commentators couldn't be greater.

Totally agree josey.

This whole standard is appalling. Sorry Jazzy, it's a *smile* game. I'd rather watch the grass grow.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
TigerForce said:
Totally agree josey.

This whole standard is appalling. Sorry Jazzy, it's a sh!t game. I'd rather watch the grass grow.

The commentary with Mark Waugh, Punter Flemmo and Gilly was very good at 10, dont know why they had to bring channel 9 heads over.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
craig said:
The commentary with Mark Waugh, Punter Flemmo and Gilly was very good at 10, dont know why they had to bring channel 9 heads over.

I'm afraid to watch the Aussie Open because of this. I didn't mind Bwucey and Jim Courier.....until Basil Brush arrived.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
Good to see that another Renegades collapse sees them get beaten back to the arse end of the ladder by the best team in Melbourne.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Coburgtiger said:
Good to see that another Renegades collapse sees them get beaten back to the arse end of the ladder by the best team in Melbourne.

I'd like to be able to barrack for the Stars, but my intense dislike of McChins wont allow me.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Champion
May 7, 2012
DjJazzyPete said:
This , could not follow the Collingwood Stars . Finch and Harris big outs for the Renegades .

Haha, how do those grapes taste? Pretty sour?

I'm sure the Stars could have benefited from man of the match Handscomb too. And Jackson Bird.

The record is now 10 - 4 in derbies. Credit to the Renegades fans for continuing to show up to them.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The Big Richo said:
Personally, I find it very hard to identify with any of the BBL matches and watch every match from a neutral perspective.

I suspect it has something to do with not feeling any particular affinity with 'Melbourne', I think it would have been smarter marketing to have Metro and Country teams.

I don't follow any team either, i'm more inclined to follow certain players.

Mappa

Tiger Superstar
Jul 3, 2009
I’ll have a go at answering the initial question.

BBL adds absolutely nothing to cricket in Australia other than revenue.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Mappa said:

Its a novelty that has already seen its best days behind it. Crowds are down over 25% this season so far. And will probably slide even further considering the extended season.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Mappa said:

And unfortunately CA are addicted to that. There’s far too much BBL now.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
The BBL could be a great comp but like always, self interested officials milk it for all its worth and ultimately kill it. THe number of games they are playing this season is absurd). Similar to Leysy earlier, I would play it through January with a game each night (games commencing once the Sydney test is over) and with each team playing each other once and then a top 4 with 1 v 4 and 2 v 3 etc. Allow more imports and have the best Aust players playing as well.

Play Shield games up to Xmas.

Reactions: 1 user