Birmingham Commonwealth Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Birmingham Commonwealth Games

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The Aussie ladies aren't going to well in the T20 against India, chasing 155, Australia are 5-65

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
They are up for the fight, after being 5-49, they are now 5-91, Harris is 37 off 18.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
i didn't know these games were on until i saw a review of the opening this morning ..

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I was pondering whether it would be possible for a news story to come out of the commonwealth games that I might even vaguely care about.

And unless all the competitors of the 100 metres spontaneously turn into ducks, it isn't.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
They showing any sport on Channel 7 or is it just all morons prancing about the studio and doing puff pieces on competitors' second cousins?

DS

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
I enjoyed watching some great results by our ladies. Jess Trengrove winning gold in the marathon. And the ladies Rugby beating NZ in the last minute of the match.

I enjoy the Commonwealth games which probably puts me in the minority.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I enjoyed watching some great results by our ladies. Jess Trengrove winning gold in the marathon. And the ladies Rugby beating NZ in the last minute of the match.

I too enjoy the Commonwealth games. I might be naive, but I reckon there'd be a lot less drug use/cheating than in the Olympics and World Championships.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Yeh, don't really get people dissing it and calling it VFL like. The recent world champs shows just how many elite athletes we have, particularly women. And there are a stack of world best athletes from other commonwealth countries.

I think you have to admire people that can dedictae their lives for a period of time to a single pursuit.

Reactions: 1 user

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I too enjoy the Commonwealth games. I might be naive, but I reckon there'd be a lot less drug use/cheating than in the Olympics and World Championships.
I also like it. It’s a lower level in some events, but it’s a good opportunity for our athletes to get that extra bit of serious competition that they wouldn’t otherwise experience.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
They showing any sport on Channel 7 or is it just all morons prancing about the studio and doing puff pieces on competitors' second cousins?

DS
It’s mostly sport. If you don’t like what they’re showing on the 7 channels, look at 7 Plus. That often takes international feeds and covers sports 7 may not.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
It’s mostly sport. If you don’t like what they’re showing on the 7 channels, look at 7 Plus. That often takes international feeds and covers sports 7 may not.

I did that with the olympics but I do find it very irritating that the telecast has so much absolute filler when there are at least half a dozen sports happening at the time. I just don't understand how they think that appeals to viewers, if I wanted to watch some sort of variety show with hosts raving on about crap I'd watch a variety show not a sports telecast. In any case the only way to watch 7 Plus is via the laptop as our TV is a bit old to get 7 Plus directly.

I ended up watching the TdF Femme last night instead. Now that is a sports telecast, yep, there is a bit of filler, but most of the show is watching a sport that can take hours to actually get to the point where something happens.

DS

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Cracking win in the beach volleyball against our arch rivals Sri Lanka the other day.

• Haha

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Geez it is hard to get enthused. It's no wonder the journos keep asking about the swimming love triangle.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Aussie Weight Lifter apparently robbed of gold, got three green lights then had the gold taken off him so the second place Hometown Pommy could have it ......................................

The seeming preferential coverage of female sports as opposed to the men's also hasn't gone unnoticed either.

Last edited:

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Big night in the lawn bowls tonight. Aussies go up against Niue in the mens fours.
Can't bring myself to watching it, it's too dangerous, there's been more people die playing bowls than any other sport in the world.