Blasphemy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Blasphemy

fitchy86

Tiger Cub
Sep 21, 2009
The last thing I want is for Dimma to leave but with Essendon after an experienced coach, if I was them I'd be going hard. Fits the bill romantically but also has the runs on the board. Read 3 X premiership coach!!! In this hypothetical situation who would we want as a replacement. The disciples seem heavily sought after evidenced by the Kingsley appointment today. Similarly the success of Craig McRae this year. Would you try and lure someone back like Leppitch or Carecella? Bring back a favour son in Chris Newman? Or would a completely fresh set of eyes be best?

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I just can't see Dimma even considering a job there, he would recognise the shitshow for what it is and want to avoid it. He walked into Richmond when we were finally getting our act together off field and would have heard about the bad old days.

To be honest I reckon there are a fair number of coaches who will be asked to consider the job by Essendon who would be saying they're not interested because they know what a toxic environment it is. We had our years of toxic off-field environment and it was a hell of an effort to fix that, but that is the first thing Essendon need to do.

DS

Reactions: 8 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The last thing I want is for Dimma to leave but with Essendon after an experienced coach, if I was them I'd be going hard. Fits the bill romantically but also has the runs on the board. Read 3 X premiership coach!!! In this hypothetical situation who would we want as a replacement. The disciples seem heavily sought after evidenced by the Kingsley appointment today. Similarly the success of Craig McRae this year. Would you try and lure someone back like Leppitch or Carecella? Bring back a favour son in Chris Newman? Or would a completely fresh set of eyes be best?
Sheedy sacked Dimma as a player and is on the board at Messendon. So hopefully Dimma won't want to go anywhere near Messendon while Sheedy is there, as I've heard that he was happy there and didn't want to go to Port.

Reactions: 1 user

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
I think Mrs Doubtfire has lost the plot.
One too many Sherries.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Sheedy sacked Dimma as a player and is on the board at Messendon. So hopefully Dimma won't want to go anywhere near Messendon while Sheedy is there, as I've heard that he was happy there and didn't want to go to Port.
Bombers screwed their salary cap working on the assumption that the TPP would keep rising 10% YoY. Heffernan Blumfield and Dimma all jettisoned as Lloyd, Hird and Lucas refused to take pay cuts.
Then he gets overloaded in the infamous laptop coaching interview. The worst part of that was how quickly Essendon leaked that out and Peter Jackson especially bad mouthing Dimma to the media. But that was a good insight into their own delusional evaluation of their list. It was on the downhill slide but didn’t want to hear it.
IMO there is no chance he would leave Tigers to go back

Reactions: 1 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
The answer from Dimma is already a NO. Its in his Press Conferences from last week mid-week and even after the win - good ppl make good footy clubs. Not the other way round!

He knows they dont have their politics right at all. He wouldnt touch it. I still say Ross Lyon will get it.

Dimma would have a few other choices should he want another gig.

Not sure he does want another gig, and I certainly dont want Dimma to leave. But if he wanted the next, great job, I'd be tempted to try either the Saints with the internal challenge he might need of taking them to the Promised Land or head over to the West and take on the WCE - set himself up even further for life. Richest club in the land - all the annual study tours, freebies, etc. The new missus would get a great job in the business community there.
But does he want to travel every 2nd week?