Blast From The Past | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Blast From The Past

A

admin

This section is the idea of one of our members who kindly sent some articles from earlier times.
The articles will be added to the Blast From The Past section on the main page at regular intervals.
It would be great if anyone has any more they can send to put on the main page.
This is also the board to reminisce about early memories and experiences of anything to do with football.

R

Richos_gal

I hired out an old book from the library today called "screamer" and it has a great story on the very young Matthew Richardson.
It talks about how Captain Blood reacted when he first saw richo play, etc etc. It's a very interesting read.
You might like to add it to the board.

A

admin

That sounds great Richos_gal. Are you able to e-mail the story to me? If not, who is the author of the book and I'll try and get it from our local library.

R

Richos_gal

It's a biography book written by Brian Hanson. The actual article is about 5 pages long. If you can't get a hold of the book Rosy I'll type it up for you. It really is a brilliant read and I'd love to see it up here.

A

admin

Thanks Richo's. I rang the library and they have 3 books by Brian Hanson listed, but not the one you mention. Do you have a scanner? Anyway would be happy to put it on the main page if you can get it to me somehow. Anyone know anything about copywrite laws?

I reserved the 3 other books, "Captain Blood's Wild Men" 1&2 and "Tigerland-The History Of The Richmond Football Club.
Can't wait to read them.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Where did you get "Tigerland - the History of Richmond" from?  How old is it?

Not sure where you get from Julz (obviously a library close to rosy's place ;) ). I think it came out roughly around 15 years ago - either a few years after the club's 100th anniversary or around the S.O.S. campaign from memory. Could be wrong though.

R

Richos_gal

My scanner decided to chuck a mental on me a few weeks ago so I'll type the article up. Should be done in a few days Rosy.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Not sure where you get from Julz (obviously a library close to rosy's place ;) ). I think it came out roughly around 15 years ago - either a few years after the club's 100th anniversary or around the S.O.S. campaign from memory. Could be wrong though.

You are right on both counts. "Tigerland ... The History of the Richmond Football Club from 1885" was first published in 1989 (and includes years up to 1989). It was reprinted in 1992 (and includes 1990 to the early stages of 1992 and has a section on the SOS campaign).

If the Club does not have copies, they may be able to point you in the right direction. :)

A

admin

Ooops!  Sorry about the double take people.  ;D
Hiya MC24....Welcome to the site. :)
You have an option to delete your own posts if you accidentally double post, or change your mind about something.It's up the top of the message box where you can also modify posts etc.
Then again if people are in holiday mode like me, sometimes it might take 2 reads for something to sink in anyway, ha.
As well as the options above it's well worth a try getting this book from the local library. If our two horse town has it, I'd presume it's readily available in most libraries.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
You've chosen a pretty good nic there MC24. You'll notice over time that rosy has ownership of DK3 ;D.

Howdy and welcome to PuntRoadEnd :D.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
You've chosen a pretty good nic there MC24. You'll  notice over time that rosy has ownership of DK3 ;D.

Howdy and welcome to PuntRoadEnd  :D.

Thanks MT. Creative, don't you think? ;D

froars

"Famous last words - I'll be good"
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
I have Tigerland but i have the early edition.

I realise there was a new edition, but wasn't there a supplement put out as well. If so, anyone wants to sell to me I'm all ears.

That's another section you could create Rosy & MT - a buy, swap and sell section of tiger memorabilia.